Eskimos at Als 07/20/2019

Then why not just say “Maybe Logan was one of the players involved in Reed’s scheme”?

I was of course referring to the cap scheme.

With all that has been posted here and reported in the media it doesn’t seem like something that required subtlety/innuendo … but OK, “mystery” solved.

No problem GHT120. :slight_smile:

Think sheldon was just having some fun with the topic. I hope we all know that nothing is proven at this stage. And I’m sure no one’s looking to sling mud.

It would be an explanation for Logan’s inexplicable presence.

I dunno, man, “Kavis Reed is incompetent” is a pretty strong explanation too! :smiley:

If I were Bob Slowik, I would dial up the most extreme pressure package D I could for this game against Edmonton. Harris doesn’t like to get hit and he’s not a scrambler. Get in his face early with safety blitzes, delayed blitzes, and twists/stunts. Hit the crap out of him from the first snap. You do that, even if you give up a few points or a big play early, you’ll make him hear footsteps, and he’ll become progressively less effective as the game wears on. Once you’ve established the blitz as a threat, you can have your linebackers show blitz and drop into coverage, which should hopefully yield interceptions.

You can’t let Harris get comfortable. There is no QB in the league who’s play falls apart as badly as his when he gets hit and pressured.

Als have to make him looking around and they have to do it EARLY.

Yep, he’s definitely in the Ricky Ray mold of QB. Hit him early, and you take him out of the game mentally. I hope Jones and Slowik are aware of this and scheming accordingly.

Agreed. While Slowick’s defence has improved over the past two games (although not as dramatically as Jones’s offence), he seems not to call any blitzes very often at all. Hope that changes on Saturday.

I get it. It’s risky. You could get burned for a big gain or even a TD. But if you sit back in rush-four mode, Harris will find the seams and soft spots and pick us apart. He’s not a Dominique Davis, a green QB whom you can fool by dropping people into coverage. If Slowik can’t pressure Harris, we won’t win the game IMO. Simple as that. We don’t have the firepower to match Edmonton in a shootout.

Faubert-Lussier and Foote brought back, Adekolu finally released.

These are logical Kavis is gone moves.

Interesting. Since Jones is now part of the Three-Headed Interim GM team, you have to think Faubert-Lussier and Foote’s initial releases were not made with his consent.

Let’s hope we see other moves now that Reed is gone. Logan, Bede…

Agreed 100%. We can’t let Harris get comfy in the pocket. He’ll put up 400 yards if we do! They have to be aggressive. Hope they stay away from the 3 man rush.

Last time he passed for 600 yards… Als need to cut that by half.

In the past,when players were added or released, it always took days and even weeks before the roster was adjusted; okie wrote about that on many occasions.

Now,following today’s moves, the roster has been adjusted to reflect these moves.

From what I was told in the past, employees in Communications were/are responsible for adjusting the roster following additions or releases of players. I presume that the communications were not great between Kavis Reed and employees in Communications.

Richard

Seems that way.