erdman

How can this alleged specialty teams coordinator escape criticism except for even more inept performances from Paopao and Reed. Since Marshall hired this incompetent stiff, our specialty teams have been atrocious. This was to change this year with Holmes etc, no differnce. They are constantly unprepared as witnessed by the onside kick. You knew we were in trouble and how absolutely unprepared Erdman had his troops when newcomer #29 Gordon I believe, ran down on a Fleming punt and after the returner, creating a no yards call. This was a new roster addition who had no idea of the no yards rule, and was surprised that what he thought was a good play and hustle on his part, was a penalty. To my absolute shock, I then saw Erdman on the sidelines, explain the rule to this player. Are you kidding me, how in the world could you put a player on the specialty teams without even explaining a few basic rule nuances. BY BEING INCOMPETENT, THAT'S HOW.

By the way, when #29 was inserted to replace "temper tantrum Justin, he was aggresssive and enthusiastic, he's a keeper and probably the only positive aspect of the debacle.

Well, I have tried to point out these things about The Grimace whenever I can. I have also been the biggest proponent of Jenna Elfman as well. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes, the Gordon incident IS telling. Clueless coaches lead to clueless players in such an environment.

Oski Wee Wee,

I agree with special teams being horribly inept for a number of years. And I agree with Erdman somehow magically escaping criticism while Paopao and Reed get slaughtered.

But I would consider that play to be a good one, whether the new guy knew what he was doing or not. By taking no yards in the endzone, the ticats were faced with two situations.

1. A single point, if the riders decline the penalty. The same outcome as if the penalty didn't happen.

2. Horrible field position for the riders, but no gain of a single point. No team wants to start a drive on the 10 yard line, so this outcome is basically moot.

So rather than giving him five yards, and allowing for the remote chance of a return, get in close and make sure the returner kneels. I think it's a smart move.

The only negative thing I can think of is that it eliminates the chance of Fleming running down the field and recovering the punt, but how often does that happen?

edit: Jenna Elfman!! hahaha

on an 81 yard punt.... I suspect zero might be a good guess

http://www.thespiannet.com/actresses/E/elfman_jenna/je.jpg

You're welcome. :smiley:

Oski Wee Wee,