ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!

I DONT KNOW HOW OR WHO TO SPEAK TO BUT I CERTAINLY DO WISH TODAY AFTER ANOTHER FUMBLE BY THESE IDIOTS THAT WE COULD RUN THEM OUT now not oct 25 Wont they look great singing the old country song i thought i was king of the mountain BUT I WAS ONLY A FOOL BELOW THE HILL.
STRIKE THREE COUNSILLORS.... YOUR OUUUUUTTTTTTT

I'm not upset with the two councillors changing their votes...it took some stones to do it. They knew they would take a ton of flack and they would excluded from the clique....but they did what was right and I applaud them for that. Although Brattina in not my councillor I'm extremely disappointed with him. I know he's good friends with Vranich, but I didn't know that he'd turn his back on this city and the Tiger-Cats for a shady character like that. My councillor Ferguson is a total joke. He was selling out the city, Ancaster (his ward) and the Tiger-Cats because he's been in bed along with the Katz group. The very reason why he's been undermining the Cats. The crap in the WH is like spilled milk compared to the toxic shite going on within city hall. :cowboy:

what the hell are you talking about???

the majority of canadians across the country dont give a crap about cfl. Thats a very sad fact. Non football fans of hamilton have supported the mayor and council. They have no loyatly to bob young. His opposition to what they want makes him unpopular amongst them. This would be the case anywhere.

The clip on the news last night on the vote really showed how arrogant and ignorant Mayor Friesenburger is. He's an absolute joke and will go down as the most incompetent mayor in Hamiltons history. When the councillors against the WH were explaining their thoughts Friesnburger was rudely interupting with his sarcastic comments which showed how unprofessional he really is. He is obviously in way over his head as the mayor as this isn't the only thing he has screwed up.
I'm not sure how many people the Tigercats have on staff but I would think its in the 150 - 200 range. These potential job losses are obviously not a concern as Hamilton has shown this in the past with Siemans, Bread Company(the name slips my mind) and many other successful businesses which have turned away from the city.
They should remove the mayor from the negotiations as was put forward by a councillor as he obviously has a heavy influance on some of the alderman which is swaying the vote.

HAHAHAHAHA that is the best reply I have read in a long time!!! Well said!! :lol:

On the 19th of July, Bob Bratina posted this on his own Ward 2 website: “These sites were dismissed out of hand, (Sir John A School Site & King William / John St.) suggesting to me that the West Harbour lands had been targetted all along, despite the fact that study after study rejected the notion of stadiums or arenas in that location.”

If that’s the case… why did Councillor Bratina vote in favour of the site? He’d been an opponent up until quite recently. What changed? Was it the Darko Vranich development? I know both Darko Vranich and Bob Brattina are Croatian Canadians but Mr. Brattina has been associated with the Cats for decades. Bob B. knows that West Harbour is wrong… he’s said it himself many times.

goshikisen, exactly. Bratina changing his mind so drastically is probably the most confusing part of this whole thing to me. He stated his opposition to the WH many, many times in public and in the media. He said the same to a number of people, myself included, at various functions. So what made him change his vote, I really would like to know. I really hope, that as some have suggested, there is no behind the scenes "skullduggery" going on. (Always liked that word)

Bratina has always been a Smiley Worm looking for Dirt to Fling ..
Why do think still works for 900 chml.
I like to see him be Radio guy or a Work at City Hall Not both
it a Conflict of Interest imo

In that case should David Braley step down from senate as well. You don’t think what he is doing is conflict of interest. I personally think any member of government that s hould be their only position.

Then that would reduce the government to about 5%

Sometimes the answer you get is heavily influenced by what question you ask.

At least some of the votes in council were not for WH, they were against the extra cost of the EM site. If your primary objective is to spend less public money, and you are forced to choose one of two alternatives after being handed a report that says that one is much more expensive than the other, you are lilely going to select the less expensive one. That doesn't mean you are wholly committed to that choice - it's the least bad of two choices.

The vote switchers, from what I've read, didn't say they supported the EM site. They said that if there is no primary tenant at a WH stadium, they don't want to build one there. That is a perfectly rationale decision, but it doesn't necessarily indicate they prefer the EM site.