End zone celebrations

.....er, wrong name there, he's redwhite2005......forgiveable.....

My profound apologies, in my very short time on this site I need to look closer at the names. I thought that you had a split personality, lol.

....maybe I do, maybe I do......

.....I just noticed your sign up date, so firstly welcome aboard......secondly, just so you're up on things, you may be wondering why you've been so quickly jumped on in this forum room, the reason is there is an unwritten rule that we mods have adopted that says the individual rooms for each team are to be kept clear of trolls and the like and are zones for the fans of those teams to talk about whatever they want amongst themselves, free from having to argue with fans of other rooms....I note that because 80% of your posts so far are here in the Stamps room, odd for an esks fan.....the Main Forum is a free-for-all where any antagonistic trash-talk can be made.....

.....so in short, you caould pretty much say whatever you want about the stamps in the EE room and face very little to no retort, say what you want in the Main Forum and reap what you have sown, and are obliged to be very polite and non-argumentitive in this room as a visiting fan.....Thanks!

You are wrong my friend it is a skate board park now! What you have to resort to this to make your point? Next clown!

Really you and your friend smallone must be neighbors! What you live there? I suggest both of you to learn! You have no idea do you about me! So again you and your buddy are on the same page I hope you both like the circus! By the way if you live in Calgary thanks for the large raise you just gave me!

It seems you are short of lots of things!

Now there is a brilliant post!

Thankyou for the lesson on posting, I will now give you my rationel for posting in this room.

Although I am, when Calgary plays Edmonton an Eskimo fan, I am at all other times an Alberta fan. In short I am not amongst those who feels cheering for one team means hating the other.

Above all, I am a fan of the CFL and have held season tickets in 4 stadiums, Taylor, Clarke, Commonwealth and for the past 20 years McMahon. The simple fact that I have put down my hard earned cash to sit my self down in section S, gives me every right to comment on action which takes place within the confines of the stadium, which I feel are detrimental to the game, as I feel the Stampeders TD celebrations are.

I guess if that makes me a troll in your eyes then so be it. At my age a troll is some little ugly creature with multi coloured hair sticking straight up, which I definately don’t qualify.

In return, you know very little about me (you can read my comments on RedandWhites post to get an idea where I come from.) I am not sure what your comment on your large raise is meant to do but if it makes you happy and you are a tax-payer then thank-you as well.

But if you feel that your somewhat less that witty commentary impresses very many people, you are sadly mistaken my friend, I do apologize to RedandWhite for mistaking the 2 of you as he/she has always at least been respectful and hasn’t reduced this forum to childish namecalling.

So your moniker here is what cfleskfan! And you are selling a bill of good that you cheer for both teams! Well that is very strange. Just because you sit in the stadium does not mean you a faithful stamp fan now does it. Obviously in your post and your moniker you seem to be leaning more to the esks. So tell me you now the other guy that posted you two would be in the same era right way back when they played with leather helmets. No that there is anything wrong with that. But to try insult me with the where is Mewata crap when my family has been around here when it was proclaimed a town.
You and your old buddy above should learn that when someone disagrees with you that you do not act some what under aged!

Amazing preformance concidering the conditions. Just starting to get the feeling back into my cheeks, felt colder than November games.

Almost everyone around us at the game commented about how nice it was not to have to watch the gong show, but then again most of the people between the 45's are old and come for the football.

Great game stamps!

....cfleskfan, I perhaps jumped to conclusions about your intentions here, for that I apologise....over the past whenever we see anything with 'esks' in it show up here it's been the equivalent of a spray-paint graffitti artists plying his unwelcome trade...

.....I too an an Alberta fan when my chosen team, be it the Stamps or Flames, are not relevant.......ask anyone here I was rooting for the Oil last year to go all the way.....

....and please don't take offense to the term troll, it's a widely used term to describe someone who posts nefarious things to garner a violent reaction, it actually doesn't have anything to do with the perky hair or under-bridge living types (I think it is based more on the fishing technique, but I'm not positive) .....

.....anyway, good game yes last night, had to leave at halftime as the missus was chilled to the bone, it was the gentlemanly thing to do, but the script was already evident and the ending all too obvious so the early departure didn't seem so bad.....P.S. - Section C for me, right across the field from you I think....

Section C, on the cold side of the field. During the warm months, we have to put up with the sun in our eyes sometimes on the east side but I swear it's about 15 degrees warmer on those frigid days.

I would have loved some sun in my eyes yesterday.

I'm gonna rant a little now...

First off, to whoever said that Higgins has lost control of his players.. if out of control players produce 34 point victories, then I'm all for them.

Secondly - Bengun - If you think having gone to games at Mewata Stadium makes you some kind of guru, you'd be very wrong. I'm sure you long for the days of leather helmets and 180 lb linemen.. but those days are long gone now my friend. Linemen these days wear titanium helmets, weigh 300 pounds, and play at a place called McMahon. Maybe you've heard of it? (If you're at Mewata you'll want to head south on 11th St, then take a right onto 6th ave.. follow that out to Bow Trail and turn onto Crowchild Northbound.. keep going until you see a big white horse) In any case.. I don't know what goes on in the first few rows between the 45s, as cflesks fan points out, the people there are mostly the older crowd. I choose to sit with the crazies in the cheap seats.. because they don't glare at me for screaming my lungs out on damn near every play. And I'll tell you this - when Jeremaine et al come up with some wacky routine after a TD.. all us crazies up there laugh and jump around and have a great time. It brings in more new fans, so that maybe one day McMahon's 37000 seats won't be enough to contain us all. I'm sorry if you find this idea offensive.. and you'd rather see a small gathering of quiet, respectful, old fashioned, "true" football fans show up to remain seated at all times and grumble appreciatively when the home team scores.. but welcome to 2006 my man. Maybe you should start watching curling.

I love curling.

I love football.

I go to McMahon to see football. If I want to see dancing I'll go to Cowboys. If I want to see celebrations like Copeland & Lwewis do, I'll go to the playground. Again IMO it was great not to see any of that crapola yesterday.

Lewis says he needs that stuff to play his game, well they seemed to do quite well without it yesterday.

They still danced after the TD's.. it just wasn't as remarkable as the bobsled or the ball relay. Maybe the whole problem here isn't that you dislike dancing, you just dislike choreography. You're happy when they dance, as long as they're not in sync.

And as far as Lewis is concerned.. I don't know if you were paying attention.. but he was in the face of every DB and was jumping around and celebrating after every FIRST DOWN. That's Geronimo Jones.. and I like Jones, he makes catches no one else can.. he's physical, arrogant, cocky and brash.. and he wins ball games.

I have absolutely no problem with spontaneous celebrations and your absolutely right it is the choreography that I dislike. Celebrate all you want but keep it in the spirit of the game and keep it respectful and spontaneous and within reason. Like Tom Higgins says, when you get to the endzone, act like you’ve been there before. If you want to read a good summation of how I and many others feel about the issue go to TSN’s website and read what Chris Schultz has to say.

I would provide a link but I’m old and don’t know how.

Absolutely nothing wrong with celebrations after a TD. Every receiver has their own way of celebrating and it doesn't really bother me what they do after a TD. Some like to show boat, which I find entertaining and others just go on with their business such as Cahoon and Clermont.

First off old timer let me help you here! If you read your post you are the one the started this name calling aspect trying to insult people by mentioning Mewata Stadium! But that is okay you just aged yourself greatly! Two do not expect compliments when doing so! Three if you wish to have your opinion respected that is fine but do not shove it down ones throat! The fact you have no idea what I do for a living and can spectulate is laughable at best. You and your other older timer friend just learned how to use a computer that is great I am glad you got educated enough to do so! But you had out crap expect it back! Also I find it funny that you get called out by redandwhite and then you had to hide under the fact you may be a Stamp fan now that is laughable. I do not know about you but any native Calgarian would never ever cheer for an Edmonton team! Laughable thats it you made me laugh keep it up! It was nice educating you!

First it was not me who first made mentioned Mewata stadium, that was bengun and we are not one and the same and I sincerely doubt we know each other but I suppose anything is possible. I did make a comment suggesting that Mewata was where you played with your skateboard. In retrospect that was not called for and I do apologize.

Two, I do not expect compliments only informed dialogue.

Third, if I have shoved anything down your troat it is not intentional I simply supply my opinion and when challenge will defend that position. Comment on your occupation was started by you thanking me for your raise, no where did anybody speculate on your occupation and nor do I care, I merely thanked you for my raise as well.

Lastly to say that no native Calgarian would ever cheer for an Edmonton team is at best naive and laughable. For the record I am neither a native Calgarian nor am I a native Edmontonian, I did spend most of my life in Calgary, having moved here when I was 5 and I have lived here for nearly 50 years. I do know many native Calgarians who grew up believing that you cheer for your home or favorite team first, Alberta teams second and, the CFL west representative in the Grey Cup no matter who it was. In my household I started cheering for the Eskimos due only to sibling rivalry, my brother cheered for Calgary so I couldn’t. He was older so I got second choice. Same thing with hockey, he was a Canadiens fan so I had to be a Leafs fan (there were only 2 Canadian teams and under no circumstance would you cheer for an American team, much like it being near heresy to cheer for a CFL east team). NFL didn’t exist in our world.

If being old is a sin then I guess I’m on my way to Hades and if Satan decides to tell me who I can or can’t cheer for or that I do not have the right to my opinion he’ll get an argument as well.