End of the first half

Now, I am by no means a coach in the CFL. I'll be the first person to admit that. But there is just one thing I just don't get.

Game Situation: 3 seconds left in the first half. It's third down, whatever happens on the next play, barring a penalty, will most probably be the last play of the half. Your team has the ball at about mid-field and they are down 23-10. So what do you do?

Well, according to most teams, you punt. You're down, you have a play that you could try send to the end-zone, and you punt.

WHY?!?!?!

Because your players could get hurt on a play that could be useless? Who cares! Thats why they play football, and they could be hurt on any play.

Because they could throw an interception? It's the last play of the half, if the other team comes down with it, the half is over, it doesn't matter, you start fresh in the second half. If you are caring about your QB's stats, you aren't doing your job, in my opinion.

So why would you not go down the field and try make up some ground going into the half. What do you have to lose?

There, I got that rant out of my system. . .