Empty Seats, Ambrosie. Empty Seats

Yes, unfortunately a few infest all teams' fan bases.

1 Like

Where does this say anything about all Rider fans or trash them?
In case you didn't notice, this was in response to criticism of another team's fans' trash talk.
Seems you may be over sensitive.

1 Like

Sure seemed like you were justifying the trash talk against the Riders on here by whatabouting with an alleged FB post by an obnoxious Rider fan.

I did not read it that way

Yeah its tough to read tone via text. Theres been so much bashing on here so that's where my brain went out of conditioned response

I considered his other posts... They were not bashing.

I wouldn't justify trash talk from any fan.

1 Like

Thank you @rider01.1
I wasn't trying to single out a Rider fan, just an example I had recently captured of the level of extreme vitriol.

3 Likes

Fair enough.
I offer you my public apology for misreading your intent.

1 Like

Toronto won more games this year than anyone except Winnipeg
Toronto beat Winnipeg when it counted
I mean seriously the horse is dead and buried and you guys really need to quit beating it

1 Like

Not only were hotels in SK a mess, the airlines apparently were just as bad
Made national news with so many complaint stories

1 Like

They're waiting for candy to come out when the horse breaks apart. LOL!

4 Likes

but who thinks a room normally going for 100 dollars or there abouts would run upwards of 800 to 900 dollars or more as time gets closer the game day...or be non-existent a few days after football game tickets go on sale...again the cfl needs to handle this shit better... have a program to embarrass the hell out of the hospitality industry for gouging for one. ararding a team the Cup in the first place when they now the hotel room situation under the guise that HOPEFULLY the home team will be in it id bush league...on the other extreme, when BC used to get the cup... One time Safeway had to give a grey cup ticket with a 10 dollar food purchase to fill up the stadium the day before and the day of. Toronto back in the day of playing indoors would have abysmal ticket sales. Unless the riders were in the game. I went to the Rider grey cup vs Hamilton, paid a scalper 20 bucks a tickets 15 minutes before kick-off.

2 Likes

Thank you. As someone else commented, its often difficult to determine the tone of the written word. After re-reading my comment I can see where it could easily be misconstrued. Its also incumbent on me to make myself clearer.

2 Likes

Well you did just go through a very traumatic loss in the grey Cup... So I can see how you could make a mistake in context

Toronto finished the season winning 8 of 10 in the regular season. A worthy champion imo.

1 Like

How many times have the Argos popped the west-is-best bubble? Many times…

2 Likes

They stole all your players.. kinda like Winnipeg did to Sask.

I do love Pinball tho.. guy's the class of the league

1 Like

The inability to set a realistic price for resell tickets likely was the main reason for so many no-shows. Ticketmaster has it's own reasons for not allowing a price reduction on resells but the fact there were a few hundred unsold "box office" tickets likely had something to do with it... tickets originally allocated by the league for teams and sponsors but unneeded and returned to the ticket manifest, were made available during Grey Cup week... a common occurrence. I'm sure those stuck with $500 tickets they couldn't sell would have gladly accepted significantly less if given that opportunity.

1 Like

It was certainly not best this season
In the other thread someone had pointed out the artificial inflation from the unbalanced schedule

Interesting Winnipeg had 3 losses vs East (8 games so 5-3) and 1 loss vs West (12 games so 11-1)
Doesn't sound like West is stronger to me when Bombers run over them

1 Like