Embarrassing to be a Rider fan.

Ouch! turnovers never did like them but we sure got our share yesterday!

Maybe there was an adverse reaction to the filling in some of the turnovers.... causing the rider receivers to forget what they're supposed to do when on the football field.

No, probably just lack of talent was all....

Well, from a baker's point of view, you are supposed to roll out pastry for turnovers until there are no seams.....that appears to be appropriate, since the Riders couldn't find a seam to save their lives yesterday.....

Actually I think they may have tripped over a few in that horrible carpet in the big O

Funny thing is, I don’t completely disagree with this statement. Their coaches have had a tonne of tallent and done what…sure, they were unlucky last year but man, this honeymoon between Shivers and Barrett has gotta end.

They 're better than this…man, did I just say that? Props to you and yours Soupy…!

First I'm not embarrassed to cheer for my football team and never will be. Just because the Riders are losing I won't drop them and jump on the bandwagon and cheer for a team that is winning.

I do agree changes are needed. I don't believe are talent was properly used this year, particularly on offence. Corey Holmes should have been used more in the backfield and the few times Trevis Moore stepped on the field he was our most consistent receiver. Our offence was way too predictable and went to the well on plays too often. Examples of this is the shotgun draw and the hitch pass. Our running backs had a lot of speed which was never used properly on runs to the outside. Szarka was also not used enough. The Riders should have used 2 back and even 3 back sets more often this year. With those sets the Riders could have used more options and fooled the defence more. That's just my opinion and hopefully the Riders learn from this defeat.

Okay, I need Rider fans to explain something to me. The consensus opinion among Rider fans on this post seems to be that Sask’s running game is pretty good but that the team lacks a bona fide starting quarterback that can throw the ball effectively, as well as a receiving corps that can actually catch it. Then you say the offensive coordinator is unimaginative, predictable, and should be fired. How do you know this about Bellefeuille? I mean he might be, but how do you know that? The first rule in coaching is to play to your strengths and away from your weakness. You can’t design systems for players that don’t have the physical ability to execute them any more than you would attempt to teach quantum physics to grade school science students.

You can see that our offensive coordinator is unimaginative by watching the game. 90% of the Riders running plays came out of the shotgun with only one back in the backfield. Saskatchewan has 3 great running backs in Keith, Holmes, and Szarka but they were rarely in the backfield together. Also we did have a good short passing game but when it came to 2 and 10 we didn't have many plays that got us that many yards. Also 4 times a game they would run the hitch pass where our receivers would catch the ball standing still and be a sitting duck. Basically he could have switched the plays up to play to the Riders strengths more, runs to the outside, runs where Szarka blocked, two running backs in the backfield or 3 to fool the defence. Anything instead of the same 3 plays all game long. I'm not saying throw deep, I'm saying change the running up a bit, and change the shorter routes up a bit.

As far as receivers when Dominguez gets back next year, along with Thurmon we will have two alright receivers. French needs to learn how to catch the ball and Grant did nothing all year but act like a decoy. Moore played well when he actually started.

Truely sad why would anyone post on this thread! This is why rider fans have it tough. Regardless you either a fan or your not! Why advertise? For the faithful do not lower yourself.

Dont be ashamed of being a rider fan.
Be proud.You guys will do better next year.
I wish all you rider fans the best in the future.

WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE REAL SASKARGO??? :shock:

nothing to be embrresed able beingf a Rider fan.