Embarassed more by the fans than the team....

What no drunks in Toronto. I’m sure both the Toronto fans have got carried away, I could be wrong though, there are strange forces in the center of the universe.

Not to stir the pot here but Legalbeagle mentioned that Saskatchewan has never been bailed out by the league or other teams. While this may be true please remember that Saskatcheway fans have not always been there to support the team through everything like they would have us believe. This is from the cfl website, regarding Tom Sheppard who was inducted into the CFL Hall of Fame this year.

During Shepherd’s tenure as Club President and CFL Governor from 1987 to 1989, the Saskatchewan
Roughriders won the Grey Cup (1989). Since his term of President, as Founder and President of
Friends of Riders Touchdown Lottery, Shepherd has raised over $10 million to keep the team in
the province.

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/article/2008-hall-of-fame-inductee-tom-shepherd]http://www.cfl.ca/article/2008-hall-of- ... m-shepherd[/url]

We all remember the great times of support don’t we?

I’m not sure what the point is, I applaud the fact that the Riders have taken steps to raise funds outside of just raising the ticket prices. Also, lotteries such as this one do far more than raise moneys to help the ball team. Funds raised also go to help local charities and whatever the foundation supports outside of the team. The point is even when it has been difficult to stay in the black, the fan support has always been there.

Jerks can be found everywhere. This is not just Saskatchewan. Most of thes people are self centred morons who care only for themselves.

We do all remember the times of great support. And thanks for pointing out how great that support is. The money raised by Shepherd and others comes from the fans—nobody else–and shows year in and year out the dedication and passion those fans have.
The fans have always been there–exactly like we want you to believe!

I noticed a lot of fresh faces in my section for the playoff game, people that did not sit up there through any of the regular season but managed to snatch up tickets for the WSF. I think part of the problem this year is that because the Riders have been selling out, they've become the hot ticket, the thing everyone wants to attend and it extends beyond CFL fans.

It's now the "cool" thing to do, so people are going to the game to simply drink. Much more so than in the past IMO. There are people that drink at football games to get drunk, and people that enjoy drinking while watching the game. I still think the majority of people that drink at the game are good fans, but that small minority of people there to just get smashed is rising in number the past few years.

My post point was quite simple. I will never disagree that Saskatchewan has great fans and their support is there but this is a small market league and there will always be help needed. As a Ti-Cat fan and season ticket holder I have had to listen to people say that the league has to help keep the Tiger-Cats going and we all need to support them. We all need to support one another and we can not forget that although we have our favourite teams, we are all supporting this league collectively. Let's stop boasting about our individual efforts and think about the bigger picture. It is all of us that keep this league strong.

There are usually loud drunks who shout out during moments of silence at every football stadium and hockey arena in Canada...guys that are so smashed they can't stand up or even know where they are. Regina is not unique in this regard. We can only hope they aren't driving. :roll:

I agree there is always the occassionaly drunk moron at every game. But this time it was different. It started out with one guy in the temp seats by section 1 (my tickets are in section 2) and then a few more joined in and then a few more and then it felt like half the stadium was cheering. All during the moment of silence. I don't know if anyone else noticed it like this, maybe i'm exagerating but it felt like alot more than a few drunken morons.

And on a side not i've been the drunken moron at a number of rider games before and i know for a fact that no matter how hammered i got i could still keep my mouth shut for one minute during such a celebration. I think its more of a lack of what the vets went through mixed with alcohol more than simpley "they were just drunk".

I was at the game and I sat next to the temp stands as well and there were a few people making noise but it wasn't that bad IMO there is no way 30, 945 people are all going to be quiet no matter what it is for.

Same thing happened in Calgary during the Leafs - Flames game on Tuesday which was actually Remembrance Day. No respect.

yes it did and I believe they were wearing green LOL.

I'm finding it difficult to understand, '05, why it is you feel the need to turn every comment into a Rider-bashing session...

BC fans won't smack talk so he's getting lonely I think.

I'd buy him a Riders jersey for Christmas if I wasn't afraid of turning on the TV and seeing him in the streets of Calgary burning it... :stuck_out_tongue:

He/she is just embarrassing him/herself. Doesn’t show a lot of integrity does it.

I am glad to see you are crying about it.

You’re right we should always disrespect the people who gave their lives for this country and helped keep us safe or saved the jews from the Nazis. You’re right who cares if they are disrespected. Incase you can’t tell I’m being sarcastic.