Emanuel Davis Announces Retirement

EMANUEL DAVIS ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

STATEMENT FROM DAVIS:
“I’m thankful to the Hamilton Tiger Cats organization for giving me the opportunity to play the game I love. I’d like to thank the fans and City of Hamilton for supporting me throughout my journey in the CFL. I’m honored to have been a part of such a wonderful organization and community. To my teammates, managers and coaches, thank you for the lifelong memories and friendships. To my parents, wife, family and friends, thank you for the continuous support, encouragement and inspiration. Nothing will ever compare to the love and passion I have for the game of football, however I know this next phase of my life being a husband and father will be just as amazing. I’m blessed to have been given the opportunity to do what I love for so long. Now it’s time to take my skill set and help others as people have helped me.?

“Emanuel Davis was an integral part of helping build the foundation of our defence here in Hamilton beginning in 2013,? said Orlondo Steinauer, Head Coach of the Tiger-Cats. “On behalf of the Tiger-Cats family, I’d like to congratulate Emanuel on a great CFL career and wish him and his family all the best in their next chapter.?

Alongside players like Simoni and Rico, Davis was one of the new defensive recruits in 2013 that helped change the culture in Hamilton back to good defensive football.

Good luck to Emanuel in his future plans.

Still one of the best written human interest sports stories I have ever read.

Best of luck Emanuel. You were much loved in the Hammer. :wink:

Why doesn’t he sign a one day contract Saturday?
We could use him in Ottawa.

If there is one thing good about the stamps winning the grey cup last year - its that Emanual retires as a champion!

Glad he is retiring as a tiger-cat.

Its time for us to bring home a championship - so our great loyal players can get a ring.

Lets go Cats!

And Loyal Fans!

The fans get a ring too?

For a modest price, perhaps? :smiley:

Ring around the collar, maybe!