Elks storm back to stun Ticats for 1st win of season

HAMILTON – Jalen Collins returned a fumble for a late touchdown to give the Edmonton Elks a 29-25 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats for a Canada Day win on Friday at Tim Hortons Field.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/01/elks-storm-back-to-stun-ticats-for-1st-win-of-season/

Will it be goodby Evans or Orlando?
Must be very discouraging for guys like Lawrence who gives 100% every play to see the offence stumble and fall not once but twice
as regards opposition comeback !
Go find Matt Nichols asap.

1 Like

That's a poser. It's USUALLY the coach who gets canned first but I've seen QB's get blamed for a team's misfortunes as well. Zack Collaros got thrown on the garbage heap in both Saskatchewan and Toronto before he miraculously resurrected his career here in Winnipeg.

I'm tempted to start a poll on that question. But I'd better not.

Good suggestion and can we bet or is that illegal outside of leagues control ?

It's like betting on the next celeb to pass away.

Dead Pool anyone

that was no storm, that was just a car wash

I can hardly wait until the next DeadPool movie comes out.

wrong dead pool :slight_smile:
I would not mind if Clint would make another one :slight_smile:

I think they should go after Schiltz. Nichols is done.

1 Like

Is 'Jaimie Newman' chopped liver? I thought he completed 6 for 6 passes in your last preseason game.

True, but his name doesn’t sound like a beer.

I never thought I would say it or even think it, but even MacBeth would be an improvement.

2 Likes

He's in his 90's. I think if they made a sequel with Clint they'd have to call it 'Nearly Dead' Pool.

2 Likes

Dirty Larry.

1 Like

Oops. Schiltz is on the ‘cats.
Happy Canada Day!

1 Like

Or “senselessly ranting at a chair pool”. Unfortunately Clint’s faculties are not what they once were.

1 Like

Yeah. That was embarrassing. Poor old Clint was probably roped into 'performing' for the cameras by the same self-serving a**holes who've destroyed so many reputations in an ongoing bid to seize power at any cost.

1 Like

Not a storming back but an opponent who laid back and said take me

1 Like

Well TiCats did actually play at hard to get .. for a while. They only seem to do it in the first half though.

1 Like