Elks release trio of American players

EDMONTON — The Edmonton Elks have released Americans Shaquille Hill (WR), D’Antne Demery (OL) and Fulani Freeman (DL), the club announced Thursday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/05/26/elks-release-trio-of-american-players/

There's no such thing as an Elks!

2 Likes

Mr. Moderator, can I please borrow that post zapping thingy you use for just five seconds?

1 Like

Can someone please explain to montypython that Elks is the plural of Elk. Last time I checked there was more than 1 player on the team. Thus, Elks, duh.

1 Like

It has been explained on the Elks Gavin Cobb thread a few days ago. Someone even attached a link to a dictionary definition showing Elks to be acceptable. It hasn’t mattered.

1 Like

100% agree with you. Its "Elk"

1 Like

It's called a plural. It means more than one. See also Banjo or Banjos....

2 Likes

I totally agree with you but some people crave attention as they can’t get it anywhere else in life so just gotta ignore the guy and let him have his fun , he obviously won’t stop and the old saying you can’t fix stupid

1 Like

Yeah no doubt. I was just trying to be funny twice but I’ve run out of funny I think.

1 Like

I agree with him (on this one point only), but at some point you've got to admit you lost the war. He keeps banging a drum no ones listening to anymore. His sense of 'humour' is radically different than mine.

I’m just not sure what you agree with because he is wrong. There is such a word as elks. It means that there are more than one elk. Besides, a sports team can name themselves whatever they want so the other point is that it is irrelevant whether it is a word or not. Liking it or not is different but that’s not the issue here. Below is one dictionary definition. I am not the first to post the proper definition.

emphasized text

I agree with him only because I've spent a lifetime saying elk. Elks to me just sounds wrong, like saying mooses or gooses. Technically you are of course right, I won't argue that, but Elks just will never sound right to me. Unlike monty I have accepted it, & should just let it rest.

1 Like

Whatever. It's the posted name of the team on the website....