Elks release 11 including Armanti Edwards, Terry Williams

EDMONTON — The Edmonton Elks announced the release of 11 players on Tuesday, as the team continues preparations for the 2022 season under new general manager and head coach Chris Jones.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/12/28/elks-release-11-including-armanti-edwards-terry-williams/
1 Like

Out comes the broom. Next years Elk(s) won't even resemble this years, but that's probably not a bad thing.

1 Like

The one that surprised me was Rose, thought he looked not bad last year. The 2 Oline guys needed to go, Rogers was hurt all the time and Dennis was a malcontent.

Come on guys, why does everything have to be about Covid? I thought this was a football forum. Stick to the topic.

1 Like

Well put, CanadaJack.

Off-topic posts have been removed.

In looking at each guy I noticed they all (except Rose) have one thing in common. They all played very little during the 2021 season. They may have in the past developed a good rep but this last season for whatever reason failed to participate for the majority of the season. Guess Jones is weeding out those who are not dependable.

On Terry Williams, and there is likely a record number of players matching this description since the 2019 season, he certainly has not played much but I wonder, given what I thought was higher upside after his time in Calgary, what he has left in his tank?

If much left, I figure another team would rather have Terry Williams for special teams and spelling the starter at running back than to have to train some rookie especially with the current limitations on time and logistics to train new players.

That's step one for a new GM. Clean up so you can see whats left.

There was a lot of dead weight there I think. Plus there were a couple that should just retire and move on as they lived on the injured list most of the season.

1 Like

What will be the most telling is which of these flagged posts will be deleted and which will be allowed to stay. :wink:

1 Like