Elks pick up a pair from Argos in trade

EDMONTON — The Edmonton Elks announced Sunday the club has acquired Americans Jalen Collins (DB) and Martez Ivey (OL) from the Toronto Argonauts in exchange for a sixth round pick in the 2023 CFL Draft.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/05/elks-pick-up-a-pair-from-argos-in-trade/

The elk couldn't have done much of a recruiting job if they're having to make deals at the end of camp. There's no such thing as a Elks!

Already?! Wow. Nobody can accuse Chris Jones of standing pat with a losing hand. He's going to keep re-shuffling that deck until it deals him some Aces this year. I have to believe that sooner or later the luck's going to go his way.

1 Like

Collins might be good bookend for Lyons - 6', 200 lb CB, 2nd round pick NFL - 2picks in 5 games, FF for Argos. Would think they could get more than a 6th rounder for the pair. May work out for Elks - we'll see.

2 Likes

Traded for a 6th round pick. That's got to hurt a man's ego.(or in this case 2 men, twice as much, sort of like being traded for a 12th round pick...ouch!)

Wow, I thought Collins was maybe the Argos best CB. He played great last year. You never know what goes on behind the scene.

Jones recruited him for the Argos. It was only a matter of time.

Argos were not thinking to let Jones go to Edmonton.

Would have been ironic if the Argos had traded with the Elks for Arbuckle. Wouldn't that have been a scream.

1 Like

Hey... on top of the trade that sent Zack Collaros to Winnipeg... THAT would be 'scream' worthy. :laughing:

But the question ÃŽs Can the Eskimos (I refuse to call them Elks) afford to give up that 6th round pick???
Yeah probably. The pick will probably be some linebacker born in Texas attending North-Central Arkansas Tech who couldn't find Edmonton or Toronto on a map... but qualifies as a "Canadian" because his grandfather's uncle got married to a Canadian gal once upon a time... so now he's as Canadian as maple syrup and poutine, according to the increasingly compromised ratio rules.
Randy Ambrosie PLEASE RESIGN as commissioner at the conclusion of the 2022 season!

World Class Olympian sprinter Ben Johnson got the "He's one of us!!!" treatment too until his drug test came back positive. :smile:

1 Like