Elks Clean House

Some folks might think that is a racist comment about us old white guys. Could have added bald headed, or You People who wear poppy's. Lol Anyway when those old guys get angry Coaches get fired.

1 Like

Contempt for your fanbase. It was an astonishing statement.

1 Like

Thinking you have to change your demographic is one thing.... Saying it is another.

I can't disagree there. :+1:

Enlarge , add -too, diversify fanbase etc . That's all he had to say and people would get it. But no.
Either he completely mangled the message or it was a deliberate , trendy virtue signal meant to appeal to gawd knows who.
It's going to get memory holed anyway so we'll probably never know.

1 Like

the angry white guys read far more into this than they needed to or should have. your stadium is never full because the sport needs to marketed to all people not just angry white guys or the cfl will die

Maybe stop putting out a bad product should be EDM's first priority then worry about marketing finesse after.

2 Likes

[quote="Dr.Snuggles, post:28, topic:74971"]

Maybe stop putting out a bad product should be EDM's first priority then worry about marketing finesse after.

agree, product on the field does matter but marketing is a at first a 10 year plan then a generational plan

So,
Will the fired Elks radio analyst Eddie Steele for critisizing Elks GM Brock Sunderland be re-instated

He said,
"I think there’s some issues with him and just the way he conducts himself, the way he does business. It’s a trickle down effect throughout the organization,"
"He’s a major factor why we’re seeing the Elks in the situation that they’re in right now."

1 Like

Well if nothing else he can tell everyone in the unemployment line that "I told them so"

2 Likes

If that's what the Chairman of the "Elks" said, then I hope they never win another game. If he wants a more "diverse" fan base, perhaps they should switch to tennis...:slight_smile:

Maybe after this season, Condell is hired as HC of the Elks, and that move motivates Masoli or Evans to sign in Edmonton with him?

I really hope that you're joking.

That could be a good move for Masoli . He has rarely lost while playing in Edmonton in his career . He always seems to play well there .

1 Like

Masoli would follow Condell?

That would certainly throw a wrench into some of the narratives now wouldn't it?

1 Like

Wonder if Trevor Harris is enticed to come back if he shows well in playoffs. New regime has a ton of work to do to molify fanbase. Old regime backing up Elizondo on the Harris dumping was a big part of the anger.