Elks announce sweeping organizational changes

Amazed at how short Esk (Elk) fans are. Didn’t Jonesy bail to Sask with the entire Eskimo coaching staff? Isn’t that part of their problem now? Careful what you wish for. He will bail for the first NFL opportunity that comes calling.

2 Likes

Whoops... Esk fans memories are. New poster, first post. Im so embarrassed i am green...

FYI- you can actually go back to your original post & edit it. (I’ve needed to do it so I know):grin:

1 Like

:+1::+1:

Add Wally’s cup-cake allowance for helping “find help” and you’re easily over $1.5 million, perhaps even closer to $1.75 million.
Here’s the deal. Presson will be returned via Amazon Primate to his original shipper. Sunderland slots in behind Brendan Taman on Darwin’s waiting list for CFL junior executive jobs. Elizondo heads to the bullpen for re-usable assistant coaches - only advantage he has is having $300-$350k severance money coming his way for 2 yrs.
However, if he’s grabbed up for a $70k to $110k CFL assistant-boy CFL job he’ll have his salary set off against his severance. Its a legal/contractual thing!

1 Like

. Elizondo heads to the bullpen for re-usable assistant coaches - only advantage he has is having $300-$350k severance money coming his way for 2 yrs.However, if he's grabbed up for a $70k to $110k CFL assistant-boy CFL job he'll have his salary set off against his severance. Its a legal/contractual thing!
[/quote]
If he wants to keep his name in the game he might have to work for "free". Taking the severance & running keeps you out of the game for 2 years, which effectively might turn into forever. Is that how it works?

1 Like

Who didn't see this coming. Still, gotta thank the Elks for giving my Alouettes Trevor Harris. Maciocia pulled a QB out of his hat, just when the season looked doomed as Vernon Adams was injured. Not sure where things go from here, but hope is always preferable to utter despair.

2 Likes

Now the rudderless Elk. Most of their success since the 90's was through throwing their money around an stealing players from everybody else not by recruiting. They haven't been the same since an actual salary cap came into effect. It's impossible to feel sorry them and their spoiled rotten fans who have desserted the ship this year.

1 Like

Harris isn’t the answer to anybody’s prayers either.

Obviously you know nothing about this game at all, and what the hell does that have to do with the Elk firing everybody?

I want to start by thanking the Elkimoes for such a wonderful season. I really enjoyed watching what should have been a top 3 team fall right to the bottom, and I was lucky enough to miss the Labour Day Classic so I didn't even see the game they won against my Stamps.

I was really hoping they wouldn't change a thing for next year...but what are you gonna do? The good news is I have their 11 losses on my PVR to keep me entertained on those cold winter nights coming up. :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
  1. Riders lose to Calgary
  2. Jason Maas is fired
  3. Jason Maas is on the short-list for any of the Edmonton vacancies (thus returning home)

You can gladly have and keep Harris in Montreal I couldn’t stand him in Edmonton

Don’t worry with Bo at the helm we all know your stamps are going nowhere , Bo doesn’t have the talent anymore to win it all

You may be right. If he were to quit now, he could retire having BY FAR the best winning percentage in CFL history. In fact in CFL and NFL history - List of National Football League career quarterback wins leaders - Wikipedia

Perhaps he should go out on top?

The CFL will get no loyalty from Chris Jones speaking as a Rider Fan

1 Like

And does Ricky Ray play a role in this? How about Sean Fleming?

This should have happened the moment that Elizondo benched Trevor Harris. It would have prevented the 2 months of damage already done.

1 Like

Actually I believe that there is a moratorium on coaching and executive hirings until after the Grey Cup.

Maybe Fleming as president but not Ray