ELF is Still Alive?

Not a Will Ferrell fan but Elf was an excellent movie. The best one he was ever in, in my opinion.

3 Likes

i agree wholeheartedly.

also SAAAAAANTA! SAAANTAS COMMMMING! WOOOOOHOOOOP

2 Likes

Anyone else find the new Munich team's name and logo a bit familiar?

Carleton Ravens Alternate Logo - Ontario University ...

2 Likes

Go Frankfort GALAXY! I watched them back in the 1990's when i was stations in Germany...I loved that brand of football! Glad to see it still going.

1 Like

And tonight you can see the Saskatchewan Stallions and the Edmonton Elks square off in a Columbo Episode entitled, "A Bird in The Hand...". :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

holy obvious copyright infringement

2 Likes

Here are the conferences for ELF 2023:

3 Likes

Looks like the Istanbul Rams have suspended operations. Glad the ELF is expanding but hope they don't go the arena league route and just grant franchises to anyone, then have them fold 2 years later.

1 Like

Yup GO GALAXY!!!!

1 Like

I hope that, too. I believe, though, that all (or most anyways) the ELF franchises are teams that have existed in other leagues and then decided to step up. Hopefully that brings some degree of stability.

I wonder if the Rams will return to playing in a Turkish league this season.

1 Like

It would be a good idea. I looked at it last year and travel was terrible for the Rams. I can't think that they made too much money in the ELF.

2 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

i’m always confused and a little disappointed when new professional sports franchises use the same name as another team in the same sport but different league. like doesn’t anyone have any creativity or imagination?

At least it'll sound different when spoken by a French person.

1 Like

you think a french person is going to pronounce the Paris Saints and the New Orleans Saints differently?

Particularly odd in this case, as "Saints" isn't a typical football-tough name. I do like their logo, though.

1 Like

No but if you were listening to a French ELF broadcast then it would sound differently to you.

1 Like