EIGHT PLAYERS FINED FOLLOWING WEEK 4

CFL.CA STAFF
TORONTO — The Canadian Football League announced Wednesday that eight players have been fined following Week 4, including BC Lions defensive tackle Mic’hael Brooks.

Brooks was fined for a low hit to Saskatchewan Roughriders quarterback Darian Durant after the Lions’ 40-27 win over the Riders in Regina.

Three players from the Toronto Argonauts defence have received fines, including Shawn Lemon, who’s been docked for the second week in a row for his low hit to Ottawa REDBLACKS quarterback Trevor Harris. Argos linebacker Cory Greenwood and defensive back Keon Raymond were also fined: Greenwood for a hit to the head of Ottawa’s Nic Grigsby and Raymond for a late hit on Grigsby.

Winnipeg Blue Bomber Sukh Chungh was fined for a dangerous block on Edmonton Eskimos defensive lineman Jabari Hunt.

Saskatchewan Roughrider Jonathan Newsome was fined for a low hit to BC Lions quarterback Jonathon Jennings while first overall pick Josiah St. John was also fined for a chop block on BC Lions defensive lineman Mic’hael Brooks.

Finally, also fined for the BC Lions was defensive back Loucheiz Purifoy for a dangerous tackle on Saskatchewan Roughriders receiver Ricky Collins Jr.

As per league policy, the amount of the player fines was not disclosed.

Its about fuckin time.
Start throwing them out as well
Pay them during the suspension, so the PA cant say shit.

should also change the rules so the player can get a 25 yard Unnecessary Roughness penalty on an illegal hit, instead of the 15 yards currently. Then you will get the coaches attention

following NFL's 3 strikes rule maybe we could have 3 fines earns a game suspension?

Already exists. Called "Rough Play" and usually comes with a DQ. Doesn't often result from an actual hit during a play though. Almost always a result of a fight after the play when punches, kicking or biting ensues.

Well I'm at least glad for some discipline handed out.

Newsome was an obvious (and disgusting) retaliation. I'm especially glad that it wasn't missed. I was not aware of the JSJ incident, but between that and Newsome does anyone think that the Riders may have been coached to retaliate?

I don't believe that Wally would give a direct order to play dirty (I could be wrong) but I do know that he likes players with shall we say 'more than an edge' and he also has a blatant history of protecting his own dirty players 100% (jimenez, khalif).

Perhaps the league should start fining coaches for the actions of their dirty players, just like the NHL will if for instance players leave the bench during an altercation. At least the PA can't appeal a coach fine and the coaches are not unionized.

Make the coaches control their players or at least think twice about keeping jerks like jimenez, mitchell, rahim abdullah, sherko rasouli (another buono guy who was awful) around so long.

WTF????????????

Not a single coach was fined for being on the field with out the officials permission???? Really, not one stepped on the field? Seem the Campbell fine did its job then. :wink:

So what your saying is!! More Penalties an d more reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go back ten years and do like the NFL does. NO penalties for close calls. A receiver is touch downfield no penatly.
QB thoughts ball and a 1/8 second gets creamed. No Penalty. Running back just and just goes out of bounds and is creamed . No penalty. Offensive lineman touches defensive back. No penalty.
Its a tough sport!! leave it to the players not the wimps. Cheers

Me too, although the total reliance on fines shows the issues with the appeal process.

Newsome was an obvious (and disgusting) retaliation. I'm especially glad that it wasn't missed. I was not aware of the JSJ incident, but between that and Newsome does anyone think that the Riders may have been coached to retaliate?
Could also be that JSJ as a rookie who missed training camp was trying to make an impact and picked a poor way to do it. That happens. I don't think it means a lot.
Perhaps the league should start fining coaches for the actions of their dirty players, just like the NHL will if for instance players leave the bench during an altercation. At least the PA can't appeal a coach fine and the coaches are not unionized.

Make the coaches control their players or at least think twice about keeping jerks like jimenez, mitchell, rahim abdullah, sherko rasouli (another buono guy who was awful) around so long.

Apparently, they only fine coaches for being on the field, except when they don't. :lol:

Just to clarify,

Campbells fine was for, not attempting to avoid the now infamous bump,
It wasn't for being on the field

Campbell was also fined after the league determined he didn't do enough to avoid contact with Carter.

[url=http://www.hamiltonnews.com/sports-story/6752754-alouettes-receiver-carter-suspended-one-game/]http://www.hamiltonnews.com/sports-stor ... -one-game/[/url]

Thank heaven. Now players can finally feel safe from abuse.

Well, he loves complaining about them, so...

Odd, they never fine a QB for not attempting to avoid a late hit. (Or those dirty kickers, who leave their leg up deliberately to try and get hit and draw a flag. Crazy stuff how they don't get find for inciting contact instead of trying to avoid it.)

Surprised the NHL didn't fine the linesman that Weidman ran into, as that guy did nothing to avoid the contact either. :cowboy:

And why wasn't Carter fined? Sure, they suspended him for the bump, but why the double standard and no fine for not doing enough to avoid the high hit in the end zone. THAT is the instigating factor right there; if he avoids that hit he doesn't get concussed and has all his faculties when approaching Campbell and never bumps him.

Pretty good rationalization eh? :cowboy: