EDSF Pre-Game Thread TiCats vrs Arghblows

Weather - Sunny, high of 12, winds from the West at 25KPH(15MPH)

Referee- ANDRE PROULX :roll: :roll:

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 28m28 minutes ago
Referee for East Semi-Final between #Ticats & #Argos will be: Andre Proulx.
And no, I'm not kidding.

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 26m26 minutes ago
Proulx was the referee for first #Redblacks v. #Ticats game where a blown call – not by him – cost Hamilton the go-ahead score

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 25m25 minutes ago
Proulx was also the referee in last year's Grey Cup, which the #Ticats lost... after another much-discussed penalty.

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 36m36 minutes ago
That said, Proulx is seen as one of #CFL's best & #Ticats penalty yardage is lower than average in his games

[url=http://3downnation.com/2015/11/05/putting-the-persecution-of-andre-proulx-into-perspective-by-the-numbers/]http://3downnation.com/2015/11/05/putti ... e-numbers/[/url]

Stadium should be sold out by game time. :thup:

Masoli will start, confirmed by Austin

I'll be in attendance... Let's hope we do not hear Proulx's name, this game is for the two teams on either end to showcase themselves... not the Refs......

Hopefully the refs will let the teams play, and not call anything chincy.

Andre Proulx? You have to wonder at the ignorance of the CFL brain trust at times. Is this his crew's chance for redemption, or is it really a plot against us? Drew Edwards says we have fewer penalties when Proulx's crew is officiating. Maybe so, but they always seem to come on the "big plays", the potential game changers.

Luckily I will be at the game and will miss the TSN panel. I'm sure they are already practising how to say "RickyRay" all in one word, and scripting the glory of how RickyRay has come back from the dead!

Yep, I'm ready to hate that Argos again! Let's play us some real football.

Gotta' do the professor thing! (I taught a class today). That's chintzy- from the cheap fabric called chintz. And boy do I agree with you on your sentiments! Why is it that Proulx has become my new least favorite ref.

Yeah, I looked it up online and wasn't sure how to spell it, and went with the urban dictionary version but obviously should have went with the Webster dictionary.

Here's the urban definition.

Definition of chincy

chincy

adjective

of poor quality; "cheap".
This chincy watch can't keep time worth a damn.
See more words with the same meaning: bad, poor, sucks, common, generally displeasing.

How the heck did the game become sold out? For days, the remaining 500 - 600 tickets barely moved. Now they are all gone?

They're not all gone. Still a bunch on ticketmaster.

Fair enough. On the front page of this web-site it says "Sold Out". I was hoping it was true.

they consider anything less than 5 or 10 percent of tickets remaining a sell out, I think its 5percent

Referee- ANDRE PROULX :roll: :roll:

yah , this isn't going to end well. :cry:

To be entirely fair to Proulx - he personally is fair and competent enough (note he didn't toss a flag on the Simoni hit on Hank) BUT he had some SUPPOSEDLY high-rated officials on his crew a couple of weeks ago who TOTALLY blew it on the Stewart pick 6!

I don't know if others saw this information (I think it was in an article by Drew) but Proulx doesn't always have the same group of refs on his team - i.e. teams are not static but are made up for each game - likely from the officials who are most easily available for each game. Of course with the playoffs, they are to be the "highest-ranked" officials over the course of the season, so let's just hope that they don't make any "assumptions" in this game! :twisted: :twisted:

Enjoy yourself at the Eastern Semi-final HalfTheDistance, hope to hear some of your comments once you're able to post. Cheers

I always thought they rolled with the same crew. Interesting

If anyone needs a ticket I can’t make it …

PM Me I have my seat in Sec 204 Row 19

So I Like to sell it

Ya can't make it ? Why ? are your 1-7 Lions on TV ? :lol: :stuck_out_tongue:

8) It doesn't say Sold Out, at least not this morning !!
  It says, Limited number of tickets remaining.  However Ticketmaster this morning is showing lots of tickets available
   to choose from !!

There is some Cash money on the line for these guys

According to the collective bargaining agreement, Canadian Football League players are entitled to $3,400 for participation in the divisional semifinal, $3,600 for playing in the final and $16,000 for winning the Grey Cup (the losers get $8,000).

FYI - OTT got $3400 for winning the East Division

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 2m2 minutes ago
#TIcats Kent Austin on East semi referee Andre Proulx: “I’m glad Andre is doing our game. The guys around him need to perform at his level.?