Edmonton week 4 game postponed due to covid outbreak

Elks have multiple positive tests, Week 4 game in jeopardy https://www.tsn.ca/1.1684769.1629683226

Hope.everyone is ok

2 Likes

Wow, that really sucks, hopefully they caught it in time to protect others, would hate to see any games cancelled.

2 Likes

Move the game to next Tuesday

1 Like

Oh boy......

1 Like

The Edmonton Outbreak - - forget about Elk, that would have been a much better nickname for the team.

5 Likes

Game postponed.

5 Likes

Should be a forfeit as per 2021 COVID19 Policy:

And if the team or teams are less than 85% vaxed, NO PAY! $$$

1 Like

No pay or partial pay?

If I were a starting player capable of making an NFL roster and riding the bench south of the border, I'd be tempted to walk.

Did the CFL players union agree to that?

Another year of missed paychecks would have me thinking about my college degree field.

The no pay and forfeit only applies if the game can't be rescheduled.

Being a week 4 game they should be able to fit it in....provided there are not too many more.

3 Likes

Ok, ...is there an EXACT logic flowchart for determining rescheduled vs. forfeits?

This is going to be hell. Games should be declared a forfeit on the spot and not be rescheduled months later, etc.

What am I missing here? Are rescheduled games simply "let's try the very next Tuesday night (approx. 4 days later) and if there's still too many covid players, then we declare a forfeit?" Is that how it works?

What if a CFL team shares a stadium with rock concerts, motorcycle racing, truck pulling competitions, baseball team, soccer, etc. and those dates are already booked? Won't the team who has exclusive use of the stadium have an advantage over the CFL teams that share the field with other tenants?

Once again, Toronto gets screwed.

I could imagine TSN and TSN's CFL advertisers are not happy with no Thursday night football this week(which was to be the last this season)

1 Like

And will play a HUGE role in when it gets played ... no surprise that the tough "cancellation" talk proves to be hollow words.

That would make sense, provided the players test negative this week.
The Argos and Elk don’t play until the following Monday

1 Like

I think it's too soon to assume it's hollow words. I'm sure the league would rather the game be played so they can generate revenue. If they can't manage to fit it in, Edmonton gets a loss.

I also think this has kind of opened up some peoples eyes a bit and you're going to see most, if not all teams, move to have everyone in attendance be fully vaccinated (or proof of negative test). Could be some big changes coming soon.

2 Likes

Yea, and anyone who actually WANTS a forfeit rather than to have the game played, I would have to take his football and league fandom into question.

2 Likes

It's the last Thursday night game but Ottawa has a Wednesday night game Sept 22 and a Tuesday night game Sept 28.
The Argos have a Wednesday game Oct 6th

Precisely! What I find most distressing in this thread is that a few posters are actually taking delight in the misfortune of the Edmonton Elks as if the Elks are the enemy or something.

Time and again I've turned around at Ivor Wynne stadium to tell some group of idiots chanting "Argos suck!" that they're wrong, very wrong. The Argonauts aren't the threat to the Tiger-Cats. It's the Blue Jays and Raptors, or more accurately the fans who have abandoned the Argonauts to embrace these teams because the CFL isn't "big league" enough to live up to their pretentious mantra of living in a "world class city".

:frowning_face:

3 Likes

OHH !!! So you were that guy !!! I should've known that by your number # 3 jersey . :laughing:

1 Like