Edmonton versus BC

Variety in commercials was a nice relief from previous recent years .

4 different car companies , koodoo , Swiss chalet might have to take them on that 6.50 quarter chicken , sleeman , coors lots more .

So much more pleasant when your not watching the same ad over and over again .

Kudos to TSN tonight .

They had this game on at a pub in Ohio.

Far out.

As an Esks fan, I’ve seen Reilly take his share of beatings from other teams. But Reilly really got his ass kicked tonight.

He honestly might be the toughest quarterback I’ve ever seen.

Man I thought BC was going to dominate this game as to how they played early on but the Eskies with that offence and yes that sack-attack proved too much for the Lions.

“Tronald Dump” - too funny! :stuck_out_tongue:

Got free tickets to this game. Worse game from BC I have ever been to. Talk about a no show for BC.
Gad I never paid for the tickets. I was surprised at the many empty seats…but the product is still weak this early in. Can’t wait until mid season when things get better.

So many empty seats.

Very disappointing turnout for he return of Mike Reilly. Under 25,000 there. I remember when that would have been an Eskimo preseason turnout.

Yep it’s following the trend .

That 24,000 number would be a sell out in all 4 Eastern stadiums .

But for Edmonton considering Reilly playing and a Friday night thought there would be more . There was 1000 more for Montreal visiting last week .

really? just because he left your team? maybe grow up some ehh

Seven hundred thousand dollar contract and an 0-2 start. We paid Harris alot less and are 2-0. You can have him.

After years of tinkering, they finally got it right! This is a nod to how the Leos looked in the 1960s…with a modern twist. Now if they could just ditch the orange pants at home for these black ones, I’d be a happy camper.

It’s a pity this was the highlight of the night for me. :frowning:

OWNED! :-[

Your only as good as the team around you I guess, i’m Sure they’ll bounce back.

Yup. A lot of Als guys keep saying they want Bryan Chui back to help lead the O-Line there. He’s failed in every stop he’s made on the coaching carousel from CIS to CFL. Now in BC as O-line coach he’s at it again. This is one terrible line. Can’t run block, can’t protect, can’t zone or man on man.

As I’ve said before BC has thrown together a very odd group of coaches. And of course putting such a high % of salary cap in one position is fool hardy. Maybe QB coach Drew Tate can help Reilly see the pass rush better. LOL

BC’s O-line has been below average for as long as I can remember. Looks like that trend will continue this year.

Until BC fixes it’s O line, Reilly will need to practice his sprinting and eating dirt, he had no chance, gotta feel for the guy, he really is a great QB, but without protection none are great!!

Reilly not only got sacked, what, 7 times (!!!) but several hits led to roughing-the-passer penalties against Edmonton.

Can’t wait to see how many Esk players get a 2-game suspension.

Can’t blame Reilly for the loss. He had just a hair above zero protection from his OL which turned out a rather pathetic showing. Reilly has to be the toughest QB in the league to take those hits and still keep on going. Name me another QB aside from Masoli, who can handle that kind of punishment. But when it gets down to it, you have the best QB in the world but he ain’t worth dirt if the rest of the team are a bunch of Palookas.

Harris has shined for the double E, but Eskimos fans should not get too confident. You don’t know Harris like ORB fans know Harris. In his time with the ORBs his performance on paper was grand but on the field, inconsistent. Furthermore, he will not run the ball and when under fire, he collapses like a cheap Canadian Tire tent in a hailstorm. Think about it: why on earth would the ORBs let him go in favour of what was up until the last two games, a “no-name” QB? This in a league where the QB is a key position. On that note, letting Ellingson go remains a mystery to me but they must have had their reasons.

Anyhow, you Eskimo fans are going to find out soon enough that you can never be sure which Harris is going to step onto the field.