Edmonton to Steal Bobby Singh?

Heard on the noon sports that Edmonton will be interested in Singh come Feb 1 when he becomes a free agent. I'm wondering if Singh is using this as leverage, considering he was elected to Richmond council last fall, or is Edmonton strengthining up their offensive line?

Anyone else hear any more?

No, but I bet the Richmond voters would be pissed if he left here to go to Edmonton just after being elected to a 2 year term on the school board.

It's one thing to be elected and play for the Leos, when he's less than an hour away from any meetings, but to go to Edmonton...at best he would have a 4 hour wait to get to Vancouver, and then to the Richmond school board. I'd be pissed if I voted for him.

Bobby Singh's agent and Wally have started talking and hope to have something done soon. I don't believe he has any intention of leaving BC.

If he did go, it would be expensive plane rides to council meetings!

we dont want him :wink:

......right, why would you want to bolster up an aging pourous O-line that will be the death of Ray if it is not patched up somehow?......actually, don't do it afterall, its good, all your western conference buddies say, "don't touch your O-line Edmonton, its a piece of art"........

I agree, and don't try to get Bobby Singh, Heck why not bring Hec Pothier out of retirement instead if you need help on the O-Line..... :wink:

Beaton, Morris, and Lefsrud are possibly retiring from the esks o-line during the off-season, so it looks like my esks will need an overhaul.

Beaton just came out of retirement to play..Was he just looking for one more "ring?"

Ya i think he just wanted to have one last go at it, and he obviously succeeded.

…not a bad way to retire…

But didn't Beaton retire after Edmonton won the cup in 2003 the first "retirement?"

Ya that was Beaton's "first retirement", then he didn't playin '04 and then he came back last year. Wouldn't that be great? Two retirements that end with two grey cups....what a lucky guy.

Over at Lionbackers.com Singh came on and said he has no intention of leaving BC...it was nothing but a rumour...an incorrect rumour.

That was re-run over and over again by Mr. Sourgrapes,JP McConnell.

Man, JP has become the "Marty York" out west now.

Don't listen to NW, or any of the other radio stations, so I wouldn't know. :slight_smile:

I hope not

Reading todays Province, I can't beleive with our O-line as it was last year, that Singh and Buono are dickering over a few thousand dollars. Come on Wally, Loosen up the purse strings....

Reading todays Province, I can't beleive with our O-line as it was last year, that Singh and Buono are dickering over a few thousand dollars. Come on Wally, Loosen up the purse strings....

We can now sing over Singh!!!