Edmonton running out of luck.

The year was 1983. Edmonton was 8-8 and sitting at home with a bye on the final week of the season. Calgary, which was 8-7, had only to win at home against last place Saskatchewan to end what was a modest streak of 11 consecutive playoffs berths for their hated rivals the Eskimos. [b]As if someone in Edmonton had come into possession of incriminating photos of the football Gods, the game turned when Stamps centre Ted Milian -- a former Eskimo who had been traded to Calgary earlier that season -- sailed the snap on a late field goal attempt over the head of holder Mike McTague.[/b]

Saskatchewan would recover the ball, go on to score the winning points, and leave Calgary and Edmonton tied with 8-8 records. The first tie-breaker was head to head record, and the Stamps and Esks had each beaten each other once. The second was points in that series, and each team had won by three. The final tie-breaker came down to Divisional opponents, and in the end, that snap of Milian's tipped the tie-breaker Edmonton's way, extending their playoff streak to 12 years then, 34 years today.

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=11367]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... &nid=11367[/url]

That's the frist time I ever heard about that story and my god!... I'm at a loss of words!

but it seems that unless Winnipeg falls behind, and Edmonton turns up the heat in the 2nd half of the season, or Saskatchewan goes though a rought time (I don't have any more hopes for Hamilton, sry cat fans), Edmonton's 34 year playoff run is done.

Ladies and gentlemen, the unthinkable has happened...

KK has suddenly morphed into McMahon. :roll:

thanks i never would of read it on the cfl home page

Yup…good thing this has been on the homepage for two hours already…thanks, McMahon…lol

Mac just amkes stuff up that's about as true as an April Fools joke on here, I would say that I'm more like Dgod once in a while (I post articles I want to talk about).

I even edited a link in there for everyone. :thup:

Dgod can add more to this with articles from all over the media.

That may be the case in some instances of McMoron, but in other instances, he just posts articles that have already been reported elsewhere and claims it to be "breaking news."