Edmonton released 3 players: bring them to Hamilton!

I didn't know Antonio Warren was on their roster, but anyways they released him and I think he'd be an ok back up for Jesse.

how many running backs do u hamilton fans want?

lumsden, radlein, holmes, troy davis, warren...
give it a rest already :roll:

lol I forgot about Holmes, Rad is a fullback so he doesn't count.

But I would sign Craver, he is a young db who I thought showed some potential and I think we need to add some competition at db.

Hi Drexl:

Good idea about Keyuo Craver.

Unfortunately, Craver is currently playing for the Arizona Rattlers in the Arena Football League. The Rattlers' regular season does not end until June 16, 2007 and, if the team is good enough to make the playoffs and get all the way to the Arena Bowl, Craver would not be available until the end of July, 2007.

Nonetheless, maybe the Ticats can place Craver on their negotiation list and try to sign him in August, 2007 if they have the salary cap space to do so.

Nonetheless, maybe the Ticats can place Craver on their negotiation list and try to sign him in August, 2007 if they have the salary cap space to do so.
I believe that once a player has played in the CFL their rights can not be claimed on the negotiation list, they are just free agents.

As far as Warren, with Corey Holmes, Jesse Lumsden, Anthony Davis and Julian Radlein I would say we're pretty strong at RB and FB and Charlie likes to run the ball so we should get these guys the ball this year.

And Anthony Davis WILL make an impact at some time at RB this year if he can stay healthy.

(Drexl) I didn't know Antonio Warren was on their roster, but anyways they released him and I think he'd be an ok back up for Jesse.
Hey there Drexl: If the Ticat management listened to you everytime you (and some others) said, "Bring him (them) to Hamilton, we'd have about 400 candidates at training camp.

4ticats7 wrote:

I believe that once a player has played in the CFL their rights can not be claimed on the negotiation list, they are just free agents.
On further reflection, I believe that you are correct, 4ticats7. After Craver's contract with the Arizona Rattlers of the AFL comes to an end, any CFL team can try to sign him if they so choose.

Were very thin at DT, now transparent. :?

Sorry meant TiCats cut two.

We should definitely sign Antonio Warren (especially since we just released Kojo Aidoo)...He would bring excellent depth to the running game and could even wind up with the starters job (ok that won't happen)...It would be nice to get Craver but i'm not a fan of players with Arena League commitments (Although I do love that league)...CFL/AFL players seem to favout their American club over their Canadian one (Just take Michael Bishop for example)...And as for Roosevelt Williams I guess hes worth a shot but you can almost be sure he won't be on this roster come gameday

Hey, Edmonton threw out some trash...bring it to Hamilton! Sounds like a dog begging for scraps...

We need D linemen and receivers not more RB's :roll: It is going t0 be very hard to fill the shoes of Cotton and Cheatwood in the short term I bet you it will take till mid season before the sacks start coming!

cotton was invisible all year. he had a couple good games, not a big impact at all, played hurt, collier was great when he came off the bench for JC, AC with get the nod at an end spot for sure, mckay is a lock, the rest is up for grabs. tim cheatwood played well and will be missed on the dline, but overall the whole line form last year wasnt that great so..