Edmonton GM / HC

Hearing Jim Barker's name mentioned more often than I would have expected.

No question that he would know the job and have the enthusiasm but not betting money on it.

2 Likes

You want a great CFL NFL ex-player who’s currently learning the ropes under the most successful GM in our league? Go after Dave Dickenson. He’s smarter than the average bear and he’s survived a mind-melded with John Hufnagel. I think you can’t go wrong with this guy as your next GM… even though he currently coaches for your mortal enemy. :smiley:

1 Like

Dickenson's wife likes Calgary. End of conversation.

Cole Hufnagel is an intriguing candidate though.

1 Like

Time is ticking on the mid December timeline they gave themselves for a GM.

Hopefully not overthinking. I think most in Edmonton would welcome Ed Hervey back and believe they would like the results. Not a slacker. That rumor seems to have died down however.

1 Like

They need someone who will give the organization a face lift and will set things up to give them continuity in the front office when they leave in the Presidents chair. They need to bring back a lot of class to the organization. I would sincerely hope we do not have any more public and messy partings like Maas's.

Plus there is a full on coaching overhaul to be done. O'Shea is a great pick there and for GM. At least if they did it that way they would be able to fill the whole coaching roster with both OC and DC. I really hope they days of head coach/coordinator are done. It doesn't work. Coaching is one of the few places where more is better.

If that was Barker in the big chair and O'Shea as HC and GM I think I could live with that.

2 Likes

Saw it was reported by a local sports radio show that Ed Hervey did not get an interview for the Elks GM position. That had to have come from someone above Wally Buono. Bad and sad imo. The way it is.

Duane Ford and the TSN guy maybe. Newbies to the job.

1 Like

I’m going to pass here instead of finding the sorely needed new blood, as long as it takes, which should be more than likely be better than the lowly recent experience and exercise in institutional incompetence and folly.

1 Like

It’s probably a losing battle, but I still back another name change.

I don’t see the new brand of Elks sticking so as to excite and elevate the locals.

1 Like

Dave Campbell reporting talks heating up with Chris Jones and an impending announcement.

I am wondering if they are looking at Goveia and Rigmaiden as personnel guys as they would be in over their head at GM. Someone to dot i's and cross t's for Jones

Disappointed to not see Ed Hervey back in the league yet. Toronto would be the place.

1 Like

Dave Campbell was right.

1 Like