Edmonton at Fort McMurray Evil Incarnate, Sat. June 27, 5 pm

Come on guys the drop the[b] juvenile[/b] stuff
Still insulting I see.

@old fan - re: the blew team's "home game": I see this as akin to the "Touchdown Atlantic" in Halifax where it was the Ti-Cats' "home game" for gate revenue and the such. Unfortunately for the blew team, since they are bottom-feeders at the concrete pimple (well, bottom-feeders all around, actually), they can only squeeze in 8 games due to the Blew Jays, the Pan Am/Para Pan Games, and any other use that is NOT CFL football. It sucks, but so does the team...

Good point, DCF.

It would be an advantage to get the revenue for this gig. However, would that not be offset by the travel, food and lodging expenses that the team would have to pay out to go that distance?

I realize that scheduling a game with all that is going on in Toronto and area currently and soon would be an issue, but there needs to be a more practical arrangement, especially for an organization that is facing such attendance and budgeting issues.

This workaround just doesn’t seem logical for that.

I would hazard a guess and say that the League would assist in covering that - probably for ALL teams that played in Ft. Mac this season (The Esks played SK there in pre-season too)…

And well the league should be doling out the cash for this.

I can see how putting a game there with two western teams, especially the Esks and greenies, would be more reasonable.

But scheduling an eastern opponent in this situation with all the extra travel, time zone issues and then calling it a home game for them when their fans would realistically have little or no chance to be there is putting an extra disadvantage on them that doesn`t seem right.

After all, for all intent and purposes, it was a ROAD game for blew team.

They just have to put all these "experiments" that failed behind them. Stop this nonsense about selling the game in other parts of the country. Next year it's about the Argos moving into BMO and hoping that the football fans in Toronto who abandoned the Argos in droves show up at BMO.
Pre-season at BMO no Varsity or Fort Mac or QC or Moncton, back to a pre-season game being part of the season ticket package. Next year the CFL should have no schedule conflicts with the Jays or Pan Am or Word Cup or stadiums still under construction.

Somebody in Fort McMurray lost their shirts on this game because they guaranteed a certain amount of revenue to the Argos and covered all the team's expenses.

The Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo (run by the Municipality of Wood Buffalo) is the promoter who will take a long prune bath on this game.

So what about these Argo fans driving all the way to Fort McMurray - the ultimate road trip

[url=http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/2015/06/25/cfl-fans-epic-road-trip-3-games-9600-kilometres-10000-laughs.html]http://www.thestar.com/sports/argos/201 ... aughs.html[/url]