Ed Philion

Word is that Ed is going to retire (SMS related)....

I'll miss the big guy, but we have to be honest, father time has been creeping up on him and last year was not his best year.

However, do you all think we are set as it is with enough depth on the D-line without him? Or does his retirement mean you regret the fact that Winnipeg out-bid us by $10,000 for Nate Davis?

(The Gazette article speculates on moving Kashama from end to tackle..........your thoughts on that idea? I don't know enough about Kashama and have not seen him play enough to have an informed opinion)

I personally think that our D-LIne is set, with or without Ed. I too will miss him very much, but I think we just have too much linemen.

As for Nate Davis…He has a lot of talent, but I find he takes a lot of penalties and makes a lot of mistakes. Is he worth that kind of money, when we already have about 7 potential starters coming to camp?

But back to the topic, I will miss Philion. He always came through, and when he was fed up, it seems like he answers with a sack the very next play.

Not too mention, he is a very funny guy as well, and does a great job getting the fans into it!

Good luck Ed!

I'll wat for Ed to announce it and not rely on Herb.

Alright, you WAT!! :lol: 8)

quote="MadJack"]Word is that Ed is going to retire (SMS related)....

I'll miss the big guy, but we have to be honest, father time has been creeping up on him and last year was not his best year.

However, do you all think we are set as it is with enough depth on the D-line without him? Or does his retirement mean you regret the fact that Winnipeg out-bid us by $10,000 for Nate Davis?

(The Gazette article speculates on moving Kashama from end to tackle..........your thoughts on that idea? I don't know enough about Kashama and have not seen him play enough to have an informed opinion)
[/quote]
You make some good points Madjack. I love Phillion, but he is up in years and is not the player he was 2 or 3 years ago. Although, he is still a great "character". But, on the field, "character" is not always enough.
Forget Nate Davis. There is a great article on this site that explains a lot of things about Nate Davis (Tillman is brutally honest).
Kashama was a defensive end in college and NFL football. But, with his size (I beleive he weighs 295 pounds, although the Als website lists him at 265) he would be a great DT in the CFL (and he is Canadian, so the Als do not lose out on the ratio). Kashama was also considered a QB killer in college. If he could move inside, he would be one of the biggest DTs in the CFL, and he has the speed of a defensive end. If he is serious and works hard, he could be awesome. He has all the physical tools. His attitude and motivation, kept him out of the NFL... But, if he understands this and is ready to work, watch out CFL QBs!
If he does not work out, well that is why Jim Popp signed Steve Charbonneau. On the Als website he is listed as a defensive end; but with his size, he is a Canadian DT. He can replace Ed Philion on the field.

Typical!
Herb says this!

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=15689]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... &nid=15689[/url]

Ed Philion, once described as the dirtiest player in the league, is about to retire,

Ed Phillion says this

[url=http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=15698]http://en.montrealalouettes.com/index.p ... &nid=15698[/url]

Dear fans,

As reported in the media, I am currently studying different options for my future. I will use the next while to contemplate my options and make a decision as to my future in football. As soon as a decision had been made, I will get the message out to you first, the great fans that have supported me throughout my career

While he may actually decide to retire, KNOW-IT-ALL Herb seems to think he knows everything and IMO shows no class by writing his article. Personally I hope Ed plays another year, if only to see if Herb retracts his statement..
We all know he never will!

Ask me again why I have no respect for the media.

I'm kind of curious where Herb got his info? Popp being an a r s e ?

He makes it up as he goes along.
Im sure Herb knew that Ed was thinking about retiring. Herb desided he needs a story, he makes the claim that Phillion is retiring. If he does, Herb gets to say I told you so. If he doesn't Herb never mentions it again.

Sad but true.