Compare the East/West all stars and bold who you think had a better season at each position.
QB Anthony Calvillo MTL QB Henry Burris CGY
- both had very good seasons, tough choice.
RB Cory Boyd TOR RB Wes Cates SSK
- Boyd easily, I don't think Cates had a very good season. If Whitlock wasn't injured, Porter was around longer a bit longer, or Jamal Robertson had a few more carries they would've been easily nominated over Cates.
RB Fred Reid WPG RB Joffrey Reynolds CGY
- Reid had a huge year, and Reynold seemed to have had a sub-par season based on his standards.
R Arland Bruce III HAM R Romby Bryant CGY
- Better stats, and I know ABIII missed a few games too. Did Bryant? I'd take Fantuz, Edwards, Lewis, Stamps, and ABIII as the top 5 receivers in no particular order.
R Terrence Edwards WPG R Andy Fantuz SSK
-Very close call one again. Fantuz had 8 more yards receiving, but a lower yards/catch and 6 less TDs.
R Jamel Richardson MTL R Nik Lewis CGY
- Nik Lewis....Was simply a hi-light machine this season!
R Dave Stala HAM R Fred Stamps EDM
-Stamps missed 4 games this season and finished only 158 yards behind Fantuz for league lead in receiving yardage. Had the highest receiving yards per game avg.
T Josh Bourke MTL T Ben Archibald CGY
- I don't pay much attention to individual players on the o-line, so I'll admit these choices probably don't have much basis behind them, apart from looking at o-line stats like least sacks allowed, avg. yards rushing, etc.
T Rob Murphy TOR T Gene Makowsky SSK
- Murphy is no where near the player he was when he was with BC.
G Scott Flory MTL G Jovan Olafioye BC
- O-lineman from a team that allowed 65 sacks and was a huge problem for BC a good portion of the season... no thanks!
G Brendon LaBatte WPG G Dimitri Tsoumpas CGY
C Marwan Hage HAM C Jeremy O'Day SSK
-Ham. line allowed only 26 sacks this season.
DT Doug Brown WPG DT DeVone Claybrooks CGY
- Better stats and a big leader on a Winnipeg front 7 that was pretty strong this season.
DT Kevin Huntley TOR DT Tom Johnson CGY
- Huntley proved that he is amongst the best pass-rushers in this league
DE John Bowman MTL DE Charleston Hughes CGY
- 12 sacks! Huge season for Bowman.
DE Phillip Hunt WPG DE Brent Johnson BC
LB Chip Cox MTL LB Korey Banks BC
- Very difficult choice and I could really go either way with this one. Both were huge playmakers on their respective teams. FF, sacks, INTs, you name it!
LB Kevin Eiben TOR LB Barrin Simpson SSK
- Barrin is getting up there in age, but is proving that he can still play despite the beating his body has taken over the years. Led the league in tackles and was one of the few players in the Sask. defence who could stop the run.
LB Markeith Knowlton HAM LB Juwan Simpson CGY
- plays with intensity and rounded out a strong LB corps for Ham.
CB Mark Estelle MTL CB Dwight Anderson CGY
- As dislikable as some people find Anderson and Browner, they are both huge cornerstones to a strong Calgary defence.
CB Jovon Johnson WPG CB Brandon Browner CGY
DB Jerald Brown MTL DB Ryan Phillips BC
- pretty much the same statistically, except Phillips has 4 or 5 sacks to his name.
DB Lin-J Shell TOR DB Chris Thompson EDM
- Had a bunch of INTs early in the year and teams started throwing away from Thompson. 2nd in INTs with 7.
S Willie Pile TOR S James Patrick SSK
INT leader at 9.
SPECIAL TEAMS SPECIAL TEAMS
K Damon Duval MTL K Paul McCallum BC
- Duval an all-star this season? Really?
P Mike Renaud WPG P Burke Dales CGY
- Better avg. punt distance
ST Chad Owens TOR ST Yonus Davis BC
- two very dynamic and exciting players, but I'd take Owens.