East versus West.

Remember, the Eastern teams go west five times a year, while the Western teams come east just four. This imbalance, over time, multiplies.

East wins again. :slight_smile:

…Ottawa repp’g the east huge…

East 3-1 against the West.

Half of the Eastern Division teams are undefeated at 2-0. Only 20% of the Western Division teams can make the same claim.

Even if this keeps up, and the East dominates this year and the next 5 years, once the West has a better season, the whole crap about the West being “always better” will start right up again.

…triggered…that’s not like you BD, chill out dude

When the last place team from the east has a better record than the second place team in the west then we will talk.

In '98 and '99, Montreal and Hamilton were the top teams in the league, along with Calgary. In 2000, all we heard was how the West is “always better” than the East.

That’s all I’m saying.

Hold a grudge much? :stuck_out_tongue:

We didn’t even HAVE forums for this kind of talk back then.

Not to mention the fact that the 2000 Grey Cup was won for the first time in history by a team with a below .500 record in the regular season (B.C. 8-10 ) . Not to be outdone the Stamps followed up that victory in 2000 by the Lions by going out and winning the 2001 Grey Cup with an identical below .500 8-10 W/L record .

That’s all I’m saying.

And Ottawa in 2017. What’s your point?

Are you seriously trying to say ‘yea, but 20 years ago…………’

The East has been subpar in the regular season compared to the west for the better part of 20 years…it is what it is…that’s not me saying the east sucks or anything, the parity has been not great. It probably hasn’t exactly helped the number of butts in the seats in the east at times. It is great to see positive indications of some parity this season. It is overdue and good for the league

Sorry I said anything. Never mind.

East up 3-2 after week 3. (4-1 for the home teams)

Only inter-divisional game this week is Winnipeg vs Ottawa. Should be a good one, too.

You forgot about BC @ Toronto on Saturday.

D’oh, so I did. Thanks for the correction . . . though I’ll probably want to forget it come Sunday. :frowning:

The Argos need to find their bearings, and I hope they do. Just not against Hamilton. :slight_smile:

And the West goes 2-0 this week to take the season lead 4-3. (Also now 4-3 for home teams.)

That’s OK. This week, the East will go 2-0 to retake the lead!

The sleeping giants from Toronto will finally wake up once they take the field in Winnipeg.

And the host Tiger-Cats will eviscerate the white horses of Calgary.

I hope you’re right!!!

So far, I’m 8-7 on the season, so don’t bet your house on my picks. :smiley:

Saturday evening’s game between Hamilton and Calgary reminds me of a game in the summer of 1982, when the Toronto Argonauts shocked Edmonton Eskimos at the old CNE. It was a sign of a changing of the tides, for even though Edmonton won the championship later that year at the same venue, against the same Argo squad, it did mark a transition away from the Edmonton dynasty.

Much the same thing might be in evidence when the Cats battle the Stampeders, who, historically, have pasted Hamilton of late. Not so this year, methinks.

Go East, Go Tiger-Cats.