East goes 0-4 vs west in week 1

After the way the Als played on Sunday, I fully expect them to come back and lay a beat down on the Bombers this week.

As long as Tim Burke is designing their defense, Winnipeg will always have a chance.

Isn't it funny how last year, Winnipeg's offensive problems belonged only to Barresi. And now that he's gone, their difficulties are continuing. Yeah, it was all his fault....

I doubt Toronto will win this week, Calgary looked too strong against the Als. I doubt we will win this week BC looked too strong and they are at home. The Als should win at home against Winnipeg.
So I think by next week at this time we will be tied for second place and last place with the two other teams. In the West it will be BC, Sask and Calgary all with 2 - 0 and the Esks at 1-1

That’s the way I see it too.

The two division games are the games of the week IMO.

This is interesting. Before the Week 1 games Matt Dunigan posted some info in his TSN column about the discrepancies between the East and West QBs. Particularly in the area of experience the difference is staggering. Yet somehow all 4 of those QBs lost and were outgunned quite badly by their younger adversaries. I guess this exemplifies that this really is a team game after all and no one man can do it alone. No matter how prolific.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/matt_dunigan/?id=385015

Yup these picks all make sense, but you can almost guarantee that this is not what will happen. Some how, some way, some team will unexpectedly beat another team. Let’s check back in a weeks time.

As interesting as it was that all the East teams lost, and it is nice to see the TiCats did not lose any ground, I do not find it amusing that the TiCats were the only Eastern home team.

PJ