EAST FINAL ticket update

during the regular season the walk up average was 5,000 to 7,000

in other words...tommorow SHOULD BE sold-out!

yep! , but sometimes ARGOS officals are not that honest.

However , looking at ticket master sales and argotom's sourse , things are looking good.

I was replying to ro1313 -, where he said it would be a big walk-up crowd because it’s our last game of the season. He was being tongue-in-cheek, so was I.
What is strange about your question Kanga is that with some of your ramblings and odd comments (your own standings come to mind), that you ask anybody on this forum what THEIR point is. :roll:

i think this site needs a make-over...its really ugly. not a very good representation of the CFL....and while thier at it, they should BLOCK kanga's IP address, so he can't post his non-sense anymore.

i'm sure they're allowing more than 44000 in the dome! they should get 50K+.

that makes no sense......if they are 3 761 short of a sellout when capasity is 44 761...why would they open up more seating sections?.....so theres 5 000 empty seats?

I dont know whether anyone noticed in TSN playoff show this evening, during the taping and interviews of several Argos and Als, which would have been this afternoon, the tarps appeared they were gone from the 500 section. Only the tarps in the 200 below the jumbotron remain. Exactly what my source told me, meaning they are hoping for a good walkup tomorrow and 50,000 seems possible.

i didnt notice the 500 level tarps....i taped that tsn show....which player were they interviewing at the time u noticed this?

i didn't notice any tarps missing...it looked to me that they were putting UP the tarps at the time those clips were taped.

I thought it was Mike O'Shea and not the interview with Chris Cuthbert.

i watched the tape again.....and the 500 section you were refering to is never tarpped off anyways....its the normal 500 section that fans sit in every game.

No this was actually the endzone opposite the jumbotron and where the legends player tarps are usually. This is the area where the team will remove the tarps and hopefully garner the 50,000+.

thats not where O'shea was during his interview.

If you have taped it, go over the entire interview of the Als and Argo players and it was Sherry Forde who I believe was doing the interviews.

ok...i found the part your talkin about....it does look like o'shea is being interviewed at the endzone ( u can barely see the goal posts behind his head )....and it does look like the legend posters ( or atleast some of them ) are not there....
i just hope they have butts in them tomorrow, cuz empty seats look bad.

this is the Main story on canoe.ca....

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Toronto/2005/11/20/1315177-sun.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 7-sun.html[/url]

The road to the Grey Cup for the Argos goes through the Montreal Alouettes again, but this time it happens at home.

In the biggest game that will be played at the Rogers Centre this year, the Argos play host to the Als, with the winner going to the Grey Cup a week today in Vancouver.

Argos president Keith Pelley said yesterday the team is expecting a crowd of between 42,000 and 43,000 today's 3 p.m. kickoff, but didn't rule out filling up the maximum capacity of 44,700 for this setup.

It would be one of the biggest turnouts for a Canadian Football League game since the Argos began playing in their current stadium in 1989. The most recent time these two teams met in a divisional final in the dome was in 1997, and the game attracted a crowd of just more than 32,000.

The head coach of the Argos that day was Don Matthews, now head coach of the Als. The Argos' winning touchdown was caught by their current head coach, Pinball Clemons.

The Argos advanced to last year's Grey Cup by defeating the Als for the first time in the three consecutive years the teams met in the division final. All of the games happened in Montreal. But this year, the Argos earned the right to host the game by finishing first in the East and winning the season series against the Als, who beat the Saskatchewan Roughriders 30-14 last Sunday in Montreal.

The Argos are 3 1/2-point favourites.

"What is critical for us -- and what we did talk about at the beginning of the year -- is gaining home-field advantage and to have the opportunity for the road to the Grey Cup to come through Toronto," Clemons said yesterday. "It was part of our mandate. We talked about last year going through the back door and we said this year we wanted to come through the front.

"We really put an emphasis on trying to win home-field advantage and now it is important that we have that work to our advantage. It's all for naught if we're not successful."

Argos quarterback Damon Allen, who is expected to be named the Canadian Football League's most outstanding player after throwing for more than 5,000 yards for the first time in his career, is confident hie team will succeed.

"So often throughout my career, I've had those feelings on the team I've been on," said the 21-year veteran. "All week we've had great preparation. We've prepared for everything they want to bring at us. The only thing left is to actually to play the game. You have a lot of respect for the team you're playing against. Obviously you have to be at your best. Everybody has to be at their best."

The Argos have not played in 15 days and, for some, including Allen who did not suit up in the regular-season finale because they were resting various injuries, the waiting has been like an eternity.

"I'm itching to get on the field," slotback Arland Bruce said. "We're here to play football, and to not be playing for three weeks, you're like a little kid. You're just anxious to get back out there.

"It's special to play here. It's well-deserved. The guys have put in time and that time has paid off."

Argos get mention on front page of the Sun:

[url=http://www.torontosun.com/FrontPage/2005/11/20/1315036.html]http://www.torontosun.com/FrontPage/200 ... 15036.html[/url]

they should take the whole front page tomorrow, with a win today!

thanks ........D.G.

I hope he is right.

I will be there a little later between , about 1 pm

Either at the STRET FEST or at the MOLSON'S beer tent with my wife and 2 signs.

HULK HOGAN:

"Whatcha gonna do, Montreal, when Jeff Johnson RUNS WILD on YOU?!?!"

(does pose down & hands to ear ).......lol

Excellent comment, for the most part.

This site DOES need a makeover - hard to believe, since it’s only 6 months ago that they made it worse than it already was!

Slow, hard to navigate, not enough useful information, stale articles that stay on forever, just generally the pits!

By far the worst professional league sports site I’ve ever seen.

FIX IT, PLEASE!

I believe TO sold out yestreday, by the looks of the crowd on Telly, so...

CONGRATS TO!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE THE CFL IN TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOORAA!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S TOPS!!!!