Early Season Kickoff

With current scheduling, the Grey Cup is played at the end of November. A week after the Championship game, Saskatchewan had blistering -30 temperatures.

At the begining of the 2007 year, there was an article about the PA potentially wanting to start the season a month sooner.

As fans, what do you think? Maybe we can put some momentum behind this.

no.

plain and simple. can we quit making these stupid polls?

this is getting ridiculous.

stop whining and bitching and start loving our Canadian Game!

No,

It will hurt attendance going head to head with the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

To steal ro1313's line. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

Yes, the CFL should do this. I know I won't be going to any GC's in the west, or anywhere for that matter if it's freezing cold, at the end of November unless it's a domed stadium. Not that I really mind the cold that much but I do mind paying top dollar for a ticket to be in the cold, particularly if my team isn't in it. No way, call me a wimp, but it is a money issue to some extent here. Having the game at the end of Nov. puts more pressure on the hosting team's fans to attend.

Sounds to me like you're the one doing the whining and bitching. LB74 was just asking a simple question.

My answer: I don't think we should move it up.

A 2 week earlier start would make a big difference for fans sitting outside to watch playoff or Grey Cup games. When the Riders came back with the Cup our rally was curtailed due to the -30C temperature. By the time May rolls around we are all ready for some football anyway.

Agree 100%, 2 - 3 weeks sooner would be just fine with me.

Well I would rather sit in the wet snow and warmer temps then some of the brutal cold coming out of the mountains. But this is football right. I would like to see perfect conditions every game but it will not happen of course unless your sitting in a dome.

Leave it alone, otherwise we have Halloween and Thanksgiving to deal with.

Maybe start 2 Weeks earlier but not a Month

By the time May rolls around we are all ready for some football anyway.

That's for sure!! Very well said!! I realize that there are many different opinions on this though.

Only if necessary. The season can easily take advantage of more of the warm weather school year and end with Thanksgiving festivities.

It will hurt attendance going head to head with the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Not likely.

I would go for that.

I have a solution..... Build 6 more domed stadiums complete with pumpped in noise! :twisted:

Eh? Make that just 5. Edmontonians like Commonwealth just the way it is.

having kickoff a couple weeks sooner is fine by me!

I think starting 2 weeks sooner would be a nice compromise!

I'd go for it! :thup: