Eakin starting?

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?ID=140261

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats appear to be handing the ball to their fourth different quarterback this season.

According to the Hamilton Spectator, the 3-12 Ticats are ready to turn the offence over to 24-year old former New York Jet Kevin Eakin.

Eakin has taken most of the reps in practice this week as the club prepares to face the Ottawa Renegades on Friday night.

Hamilton coach Greg Marshall all but confirmed Eakin as the starter.

"We very well could start Kevin in the game on Friday night. He did a good job yesterday in practice and took quite a few of the reps. He is getting more and more confident with the playbook," Marshall told the paper yesterday.

The 6-foot, 219-pound quarterback joined the Ticats last month.

Great, so Ottawa will win this game, and keep their playoff hopes alive..... further smashing the rider playoff hopes.

Why bother putting the kid in the game if Maas is coming over via trade in the off-season as everyone seems to think is going to happen?

I guess that the Cats are giving all there guys a go since they have no season left. Hope he has a go one, but Brady should be the star in Hamilton.

KK, can you please explain to me the recent fettish with these cat pictures? What the.....???

I don't know that starting Eakin is the perfect thing to do right now, but who knows.....it will give him some experience. I suppose it can't really hurt anything, either.....now that Hamilton's officially out.....who knows? Maybe he's the right thing to jump start the team and let them go out with a bang this season.....I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

I found these last night, I LOVE CATS!!! I have a few more but I run out of places to use them.

.....thank goodness for small miracles..... :wink:

don't you love these cute little felions???

Umm.....no. I'm from the school that says cats are useful for two purposes: 1) punting practice, or 2) dog bait.

All kidding aside.....can't stand cats, although I'm dying for Sylvester to eat that stupid Tweety Bird.....

LOL good stuff!

I used to have two cats but they died about 4 years ago. Now I have the sweetest and smartest Lhasa Apso (dog) you ever seen, named 'Aussie' :lol:

here's a photo of him.

[url=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/Kanga-Kucha/Captured2003-02-1400000.jpg]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/K ... 400000.jpg[/url]

actually, I don't..... but that has more to do with my fairly severe allergies to the cat dander, not so much with the cats themselves. It's just easier to not like them and not have to worry about not being able to breathe than it is to have them around and not breathe.

good thing dogs, at least most, don't bother me. :slight_smile:

About our QB, it's not like our season rides on this kids' shoulders. I'd rather have Ottawa in than a Western Cross over. The idea of Calgary, Edmonton or Saskatchewan being East Champs makes me ill. Even if we do get Maas, we will still need a QB who can be successful in a game if called on. We found out over that last couple of years that when Danny went down we had no alternative. Getting this kid into a game is a good thing. Brady is not our QB of the future.

I have not looked it up, but has any crossover team ever won to represent the 'other' division?

you mean gone the GC in the 'other' division? it's never happened before, but had the CO been introduced in 1981, that seasons GC could have be an All West GC. Other than that, nothing.

I don’t remember the crossover until at least the 90’s, late 90’s at that.