E-Camp this Weekend

Could be the year that Canadian QB's finally get a decent look: http://cfl.ca/article/canadian-qbs-on-d ... cfl-e-camp

I watched the game last year between Branigan and Faulds this year where they both went over 10,000 career passing yards and threw for a combined 6 TD's and 1000 yards. It was a thing of beauty.

I sincerely hope they're all given the same level of evaluation as every other position by the CFL. I think the fact that they're allowed to attend CFL camps without using up a roster spot is at least a tacit admission by the league that CFL fans want to see Canadians being given a legit opportunity to play at all positions, including QB.

Good stuff and way to go Danny Maciocia who likes the idea. And his quote; " Being Canadian I'm a strong proponent of it. It's nice to see that we are taking the time to give these kids the opportunity to throw at E-Camp." :cowboy:

too bad Danny M has enough depth at QB right now.

Eskimos only.... anything else is uncivilized. :rockin:

Although there have been a few 2010 CFL E-Camp articles on the cfl.ca website, the CFL Evaluation Camp section of on the "Events" tab of the drop down menu on the website only displays the 2009 articles plus a list of the top fifteen 2010 draft prospects as of Dec/09 and they have not yet posted a full list of the E-Camp invitees. There seemed to be earlier and more thorough E-Camp information on cfl.ca in 2008 and 2009 than there has been so far this year.

anyone know what day and time the draft is on? thanks :slight_smile:

I believe it's on Sunday May 2nd. Not sure what time

Interesting...according to this press release, Michael Faulds will not be at the E-Camp. Dissapointing. Anyone know why?

[url=http://communities.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/blogs/roughriders/default.aspx]http://communities.canada.com/reginalea ... fault.aspx[/url]

looks like there will be 4 CIS qb,s at E Camp :thup: http://www.cfl.ca/article/e-camp-grypho ... on-toronto

The article you tagged said he was injured.

Having viewed several CIS games in recent years, its not surprising a QB like Faulds is not able to play after University ball, they play all out and do not throw the ball away under pressure or "take a sack" as in NCAA. CIS QB,s play like its their last game because it is _unless things change :thup:

I gather with Faulds it's still his knee that is bothering him. He's a gamer all the way, no question.

Oh, thanks. I missed that. I guess I just looked at the roster. Too bad. Hope he still gets a look at a camp somewhere in the CFL this year.

I would love to watch the Combine but I think it is closed to the Public

Anyone else curious about the E-Camp this weekend? Perhaps only for sake of football withdrawal and the fact that for those of you also south of the border, most of what they are talking about is college basketball?

Also those of you commenting or with questions on other posts that compare players between the CFL and NFL might also learn something from this weekend like me.

My guess is that two of the guys at Wilfred Laurier have also caught the attention of the NFL because they are just that good too, as a pro day is scheduled there on 26 March. From the standpoint of a football fan, I'd rather see them develop in the CFL at the very least.

Here are some comments I made in a separate forum under "Other Leagues" on the NFL Combine, which is not as meaningful to the draft as it used to be at one time given all the "pro days" now.

[url=http://forums.cfl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53717&p=863671#p863671]viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53717&p=863671#p863671[/url]

As rather new to the CFL as a fan of the Eskimos, this is my first E-camp and so far the CFL website looks rather streamlined for sake of finding the data compared to the NFL site though the latter seems to have more data altogether.

Ah NOW I see the E-Camp thread :oops: ...copied from my other post and I'll just post here now. Looks like a few others were curious to answer my question. Other comments or is this a non-event almost for the CFL, as this is my first E-Camp?

Anyone else curious about the E-Camp this weekend? Perhaps only for sake of football withdrawal and the fact that for those of you also south of the border, most of what they are talking about is college basketball?

Also those of you commenting or with questions on other posts that compare players between the CFL and NFL might also learn something from this weekend like me.

My guess is that two of the guys at Wilfred Laurier have also caught the attention of the NFL because they are just that good too, as a pro day is scheduled there on 26 March. From the standpoint of a football fan, I'd rather see them develop in the CFL at the very least.

Here are some comments I made in a separate forum under "Other Leagues" on the NFL Combine, which is not as meaningful to the draft as it used to be at one time given all the "pro days" now.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=53717&p=863671#p863671

As rather new to the CFL as a fan of the Eskimos, this is my first E-camp and so far the CFL website looks rather streamlined for sake of finding the data compared to the NFL site though the latter seems to have more data altogether.
Paolo X

The new draft/prospect site.
Looks good.

http://www.cfl.ca/prospects

So far on the bench press, four of the performances are just plain awesome with one absolutely incredible. :o

Michael Montoya of Wilfred Laurier with 40 reps as a 236lb running back, likely a fullback but I don't know, is absolutely astounding. For sake of just how amazing that is, note by comparison that only two participants in the 2010 NFL combine, each weighing over 300 pounds as linemen, beat that mark! No running back or linebacker going to the NFL is even close mind you. :rockin:

Also the performances of Gesse LB 33 reps, Steele DL 33 reps, and Eppele at 6-8" with those long arms at 28 reps are quite impressive by the standards of any league! :thup:

Not that I want any of those guys in the NFL, but note that Wilfred Laurier is the only Canadian school that has a scheduled pro day for the NFL as noted below. Wow lots of talent at that place I guessed before even hearing of Montoya. :o

With the Argos having the first over all pick, I wonder if Joe Eppele will be their choice. Joe more than likely will be a starter on the O line for Toronto.

Quite a few impressive players in this E-Camp amongst all the categories with nothing to say yet about the quarterbacks if we have not seen them throw the routes yet.

Note by comparison that the NFL draft is awful for sake wide receiver and cornerback this year by comparison for sake of feature player potential.

Even so the trend in wide receiver in either league seems to be to go for the 6-0 200+ guy who can catch and jump as a bonus even if he is slower than the shorter guys all things being equal. Certainly those taller guys have an even greater advantage in today's game as the field shortens nearer the goal line.