Dylan Barker

Something from the team's Game Notes for tomorrow's game in Montreal which I don't believe has been noted in this forum:

"Barker Enters Record Books
Two weeks ago in Calgary, Tiger-Cats safety Dylan Barker made his 26th
special teams tackle of the season, passing both
Peter Giftopoulos’ (1989) and Dean Noel (1996) to enter the record books with the most single-season special teams tackles
in Ticats history."

He set the new standard for a season in just 13 games, added another 3 to his total in last week's loss to WPG, and stands 2 ST tackles back of the league leader, BC's Jason Arakgi, who was also best in the league last season with 32 in his rookie year.

Congrats to Dylan -- he's been great on the teams this year!

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

He should be a All-Star on Special Team this year IMO

DW was on shift at the General to treat my for his injury in his first year, and reported that here was a "keeper" of a young man, solid to the core.

That was a little time ago, but he has never disappointed me, and I always keep an eye out for his activities as a result.

He might not "hit" with the weight of "Hitch", but this guy is going to be a part of the solution, rather than a part of any problem.

Barkers talent should be utilized at the corner position, for remainder of 09 IMHO :rockin:

Barker always does seem to be in on special teams tackles. And hasn't he also been in on two forced fumbles on special teams as well?

Congratulations to him on setting this record.

Dylan Barker's outstanding special teams accomplishments are all the more impressive given the severity of his leg injury in 2008 which caused him to miss his entire rookie season. He has displayed determination, focus and talent during his time as a Ticat and he should eventually find himself starting on defence if he can stay healthy. Keep up the good work, Dylan!

Sooner rather than later, hopefully.

Oh man go to the fridge and have a Beverage :lol:

No wine before it’s time.