Dyakowski's 3 holiday wishes for Hamilton in 2015

Courtesy CBC Hamilton http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/three-holiday-wishes-for-hamilton-1.2882724

Yes to all of these please.

Looks good to me as well, particularly the part about winning the Grey Cup. :thup:

Not only is Peter Canada's smartest person he is the smartest Canadian in the world....now that is impressive LOL!

Yet he went out in Jeopardy on a simple question!!

If I was Dyakowski I would be wishing for good health. How many games has he played in the last two years???

2013 - 2 pre-season, 18 regular season, EDSF, EDF, GC
2014 - 1 regular season, EDF, GC

I will accept any and all corrections if I am wrong. It is not that easy to find individual stats for Left Guards on-the-fly.

My wish is for the use of "holiday" to end when everybody knows its Christmas because the people who dont celebrate it dont care or mind "Christmas" being used and never asked for it to be replaced with "holiday"

Except that during the season Hanukkah, Bodhi Day, Pancha Ganapati plus the non-religious holidays are all celebrated around this time, so get over it, both are acceptable.

So ask the people who observe Hannuka, Bodhi Day, Pancha Ganapati to use "holiday" instead because it falls on the same time as Xmas and see what kind of answer you get.

Not sure if you're referring to my use of the word in the thread title, but I used it because that's what the CBC article said.
I prefer to use the more specific word, whichever holiday that is.

Happy Cream Puff Day!

or how about Happy Festivus (for the restivus)? :lol: :lol: :lol: (Airing of the grievances will be held at the usual time).

Seriously though, I would prefer people to use the holiday that they celebrate, so if I was wished a Happy Hanukah I would be honoured, just like, I hope, any Jewish people would be honoured by me wishing them a Merry Christmas.

(btw, although brought up Roman Catholic, I am an atheist. I don't have any issue with wishing someone a Merry Christmas as I still celebrate the non-religious aspects of it. And, btw, being atheist does not make someone a bad person. You can still be good and act in a charitable way without believing in God).

:cowboy:

I am a devout Roman Catholic, but I don't frown on anybody who isn't of my faith.
The name of the day is "Christ" mas. Go get your own!

Now lets get back to the feast of "St. Peter Dyakowski!"

8) rocky, I agree with you and "anotherdork", 100% !!
 I actually heard on a Toronto radio station on Christmas Day, the announcer said,  "Merry Holiday" to everyone !!   <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> 

You know where you can stick all this political correctness, as far as I am concerned..... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->   <!-- s:thdn: -->:thdn:<!-- s:thdn: -->

Thanks, Tipper. Isn't it amazing how majorities in this country soon become minorities?

In our haste to not offend minorities in this country we all too often manage to offend majorities.

[insert sound of Mike shaking his head].

:oops: :oops: :oops: