Dyakowski

They reported on the 5th Quarter that Pete dislocated his knee. Anybody know how serious that is in terms of surgery or rehab. Will he be back at 100% when training camp opens or does this type of injury take longer than 6 months to heal properly?

6-8 weeks is usual for a dislocated knee, no surgery required.

Not to be argumentative but it will depend on several factors. You are correct a simple dislocation would be in the 6-8 week mark. But the true extent is not known yet. There could be ligament damage our tendon damage. (that`s the RN in me speaking) but as you say 6-8 weeks is the norm. Lets hope he is ok for Jeopardy! And training camp as well.
TCMIK

Well that’s a relief. Get well Peter. We need you for next years Grey Cup run. :thup:

Here's hoping all goes well for Pete in the rehab of his injury. :smiley:

Peter Dyakowski ?@PeterDyakowski 13h

"Thanks everyone for all the kind words. It was a great season even if it didn't end the way I expected. I'll be OK & back next year"

hi peter...it's been a great ride the past few years....i've enjoyed partying with you in the lounge and players parties at grey cup time...you're truly a great and fun person....good luck on tv and in rehab....see you at the next event...... :cowboy:

Get well Peter, let's get you healthy again for next year and our run for the 2014 Grey Cup!!

EAT EM RAW TIGER-CATS!!!

Never mind the knee.

Start getting ready for Jeopardy!

http://cfl.uploads.mrx.ca/ham/images/general/2012/03/crop_17734293205.png

Get well soon Pete, you’re my second favourite O.Lineman after Marwan.

Are foods that begin with the letter Q good for the knees?

Quiche for Peter?

I dunnnnooo...

I’ve seen it reported that it was a dislocated patella (knee cap) not a dislocated knee. Dislocated patella is a less serious injury so that is good. I don’t know what the difference would be as far a surgery and rehab between the two. Knees can be fussy.

Dyakowski is a true pro and a credit to his team and the league. It hurt to see him go down like that. Here's to Pete's speedy AND FULL recovery. :thup:

All the best for a speedy recovery Peter!

Doug & Nancy

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1319151754492_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Giving Gene Simmons......Brian Simmon's jersey.....classic Dyakowski!!!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: