Dyakowski

Bad news....he signed as a free agent with the Saints today. He would have been great on our O-line! He still may get cut..but wont start the year for us!

For him living In the State
You could see saints Picking him up.

I think He Make the Team

Too bad. But good for him.

If Bekesiak gets a free agent look down south before Thursday, I hope Hamilton doesn't pick him in the draft. There are other guys available (ex. Justin Philips, Tad Crawford, Chris Bauman) who can help us NOW and who we know will be here.

I want Tad Crawford..
He is a Hard Hitter at Safety
Something we have not had since Rob was back their at Safety.

Actually, I’ve read that Crawford is a good tackler, but not really a punishing hitter. He is tall and thin, and his strength is his closing speed. For that reason, he would be a good option at safety for us. I would be happy if we picked him first. Plus, if that happens, we can leave Shaw unprotected next year for Ottawa in the dispersal draft. A win-win.

He is a Hard Hitter at Safety Something we have not had since Rob was back their at Safety
Wasn't Tay Cody a big hitter last year??

ive also heard the same thing, knows how to tackle but need to be more physical aginst receivers/RB so i uno anybody know his size? weight??

HE was…

It will be interesting to follow the New Orleans Saints training camp on the team website this summer to see how Peter Dyakowski fares. Best of luck to him.

By the way, Blitz21 wrote about the following about Tad Crawford:

"ive also heard the same thing, knows how to tackle but need to be more physical aginst receivers/RB so i uno anybody know his size? weight??"

The cfl.ca website indicates that Tad Crawford measured in at 6'2", 181 lbs at the CFL Evaluation Camp. While he has good speed, very good agility and displayed sound tackling ability at the NCAA Division 1AA level, he is very slim (i.e. a Garney Henley body type). He may need some strength conditioning to add 10 to 15 lbs of muscle to handle the rigours of a long professional football season.

On another thread, ticatsackattack suggested working Crawford in at safety on a platoon basis. If he is drafted by the Ticats and shows good potential during the pre-season, platooning him with one of the other Canadian safeties might be a good idea in the first year of his CFL career.

With Dyakowski gone I think we should trade our first pick for a right guard...if that it is available. But then again maybe there is a pick that could start right away.

Even though he signed with the Saints, this might work out for the Ticats in the long run.

When I saw that he signed with the Saints, my first thought was that they signed him because he went to a local school, so they probably told him, "If you don't get drafted, we will sign you and you can always come try out for us."

So maybe he gets a sniff in camp, gets cut, maybe a practice roster spot, and hangs around for a year looking to latch on to a team that encounters some injuries. And when he wants to actually play, the Ticats will be waiting with open arms. And chances are he will be more mature mentally, physically, and that desire to make the NFL will have faded by then.

That's me and my rose coloured glasses. Well as a fan of the Ticats that is, not so much for his NFL career. :wink:

• paul

Maybe Paul, I do hope the best for him though, always nice to see a Canadian kid get a shot there.

Our GM dosn't think we need a good Canadian offence line anyway thats why he gave Smith away!