Duval's wife and kids get sprayed

Did he say anything about this being a Ti-Cat fan? No. He was making an observation about Ti-Cat fans in general.

Every team has got great fans and not so great fans and every team which makes it to the big game has bandwagon jerks who simply are not fans. Don't put all the rotten eggs in a basket with the good ones. I sit in section S in McMahon and I am surrounded by great fans, they know I cheer for the Calgary except when Eskimos are in town. I take some friendly kidding at times but I give it back too. When I was about 12 or 13 years old, I attended a game at McMahon I was punched in the face by a grown man for cheering for the Eskimos, I could have blamed it on Stamps fans but even at a very young age I recognized that this was not a fan, this was an a*****e and nothing more. The jerk got beat up by a bunch of ladies sitting nearby by the way, in the end it was kind of funny watching this guy running away from them. I remember a bunch of the Stamps fans who witnessed the event bought me pop and ice cream and he didn't throw much of a punch anyways.

The point is, I hope that nobody looks at the as an example of a fan of any team or even a fan of the CFL, they aren't fans they are thugs, pure and simple!

In an article I saw in the Winnipeg FP the overly verbal “fan” was identified as being a Riders fan.

Kelly did get into an exchange with a Roughriders fan at the Calgary Stampeders Quick Six Saloon Festival.
I do agree that every team has "fans" who are idiots. Regarding Duval's comments I wonder if he had the whole story at the time that he spoke. He talked about the incident right after the game and BEFORE he spoke to his wife so he (and the person who told him she left) may have made assumptions on what happened. After reading the comment left by someone (who, it appears, posted it using his real name) I do think it is possible that the incident was an accident and has been overblown.

As for some of the other incidents mentioned I do have one question… why are so many stadiums serving beer in cans when they have been used as projectiles in the past? I don’t know what it’s like in other stadiums but in Winnipeg they don’t give you the can.

Sorry but there is no excuse. The minute there is infants or young children around (This is family entertainment) the out most care should be taken. People buy a ticket that entitles them to a SEAT, it does not entitled them to bring a siren and blast it in people's face or push on to other people's seats are splash their beer around and god knows what else.

If a guy blasted a 110 DB siren in my kids ears, I'd bust it on his head.

What I am saying is buying a ticket does not entitle you to 1 annoy or endanger other people and it does not entitle you to infringe on other ticket holders space.

OTOH, IMO, this kind of family entertainment environment is not meant for 1 and 2 yr olds. Specially if the mother is the lone person taking care of them. Do we know if she was accompanied by any other adults??

Osama wasn’t hiding, he was the 13th man.

Was there a siren near the Duvals now too? That person who wrote the comment said the little girl slept through most of the game so it must not have been very loud where they were sitting. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a game at McMahon but if the little girl was sleeping in her lap and Mrs. Duval wasn’t able to stand to let people pass then it certainly wouldn’t be a surprise if someone accidently spilled their drink while trying to get past. And if she was sitting in an aisle seat then she’s going to have a lot of people trying to get by her. I do agree that people do need to show courtesy to others but accidents do happen even when the every courtesy has been extended.

let's face it, saskatchewan is a boring place, the majority of riders fans have no life, so they take football games way too seriously and they like the get drunk, cause beef, and act a fool, its obvious it was riders fans that harrassed an innocent woman and her children, shame on them, the rider fans are a bunch of low class english soccer hooligan wannabes.

Are all your 42 posts this intelligent and insightful?? If we have beef than bring your vegtables!!

This was posted in another topic about the same thing. This was a comment (I believe) on the article.

“I believe that I was sitting directly behind the Duval family at the game and I do not recall any fans being unruly and I know I did not spill any beer. I think it’s a shame to portray the fans in this manner because from what I witnessed there was a lot of smiles and courtesy extended toward the Duval family throughout the game. I noticed her youngest child slept through most of the game and the older child was enjoying the game and I was very concious of my language throughout the game having two young children myself. Being on the end of the aisle she did experience a lot of traffic of people getting in and out of their seats and having to step around her and her infant who was asleep on her lap. I could see how a drink could be split by accident but I guess it’s a more interesting story to say the fans were unruly. I’m not sure if this story came from the Duval family and if so I do apologize that you missed the end of the game because of an accident but if this has been sensationalized by the writer to make the story more interesting then I’m throughly disgusted.”

Look none of us here know what happened. We don’t know if this was intentional or not. If it was intentional, it’s obviously a shame and things like that shouldn’t happen. It’s also not all Rider fans who do this, if it was a Rider fan. Stereotyping all Rider fans as hooligans is like stereotyping BC’ers as pot-smoking hippies, obviously not true too. There are a lot of Rider fans and a lot that travel to other stadiums, like McMahon, and have interaction with other teams fans. Sometimes a select few fans get out of hand, it is not a reflection on all of us.

As far as the above post goes, Europe must be a boring place too, because their fans at their ‘football’ games get way worse than this.

riders fans are hooligans, they brought their country banjo picking asses to downtown toronto in '07 and made complete asses of themselves on yonge street, they need to stay on their tractors and pick wheat and drink their boring pilsner beer and leave the big league games to real football fans that can appreciate the game and can handle the action.

Everyone I know from BC is a pot smoking hippie, bad example. A better choice would be to use the example that everyone from Manitoba was an inbred, degenerate, animal abuser. I have met many people from Manitoba and only a small percentage abuse animals. Other than for food.

Boring Pilsner? Vitamin “P” is the nectar of the gods!

Why don’t you oski wee wee all the way home.

On behalf of all posters on these forums, I would like to send you a very grateful thank you. It is through your incredibly insightful and well planned contributions that we can enjoy the CFL.

Since I gave a quote from the FP that blamed a Rider fan, I think it’s only fair to say there are now 4 versions of this story - the one in the Sun which doesn’t identify whose fan it was, the FP which first claimed it was a Rider fan at the Stamps saloon but now claim it was a Stamps fan at TD Manitoba as well as a person who commented on the story at the FP website who said the guy was a Bomber fan who has Stamps season tickets. And people wonder why I am so cynical about the Winnipeg media. :roll:

Considering this is Mike Kelly maybe they are all right and he got involved in 4 different mouth offs :lol:

Only if you think that Mike Kelly being involved in 4 incidents would not have made big headlines in the sports section in Winnipeg. :roll: Four versions of one incident equals zero credibility IMO.

I know of 1 Rider fan that got into a "discussion" with Mike Kelly. The story that I got was quite a bit different from the ones that were posted so I chose not to comment. But they had ahold of each and were nose to nose until someone separated them.

...quick reminder to please check the forum guidelines regarding signature image sizes...that is all...please continue...

…I, on the other hand, am not so diplomatic: HfxTC, that sig is ridiculously large, please reduce it to something close to the forum guidelines…