Duval's wife and kids get sprayed

I was reading an article in today's Montreal Gazette stating that Damon Duval's wife had to leave the game in the 4th quarter because she and her children aged 1 and 2 years old had been sprayed with beer. Wow those are classy fans who would do that.
I know every team has its share of jerks among its fans but the Riders seem to have more than their fair share. We have but to think back to the manure incident and the episode with beer cans being thrown onto the field. Now its "kill the 13th man" and finally this. I have read from time to time where fans visting Mosaic stadium were made to feel uncomfortable and even abused. There is nothing wrong with good natured ribbing so long as everyone has a good time, but noone should feel threatened when they go to an opposition park.
Please don't take this as a shot at all Rider fans. I know a few and I am proud to call them friends. However, some policing needs to be done to keep the imbeciles away from your games.

For anyone who wishes to read the full article:

[url=http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/football/montrealalouettes/Rude+fans+ruin+Duval+Grey+experience/2291714/story.html]http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/f ... story.html[/url]

a) the article (and others before it) do not say it was a rider fan, do not assume m'kay?
b) there is no evidence is was intentional, it could've been someone who's elbow was bumped, again, do not assume
c) you missed this topic by a few days, so I'll probably merge it with the other one started some time ago

RedandWhite you need to go back and read the article once again

a) They do not say it was a Rider fan
“It seems that, no matter how great a team’s fans are, a small majority are intent on doing something like that".

b) There is no evidence it was intentional.
"The majority of the 46,020 fans packed into the venue were green-glad Saskatchewan fans. Duval realizes only a small majority of them were disruptive".
(I'm sure Duval's wife would know if it was accidental or not)

I've read the article a couple times now. I see no statement that says it was a Rider fan, or that it was intentional. I see only speculation. I would suggest you should either find a few facts to back up your accusations, or re-word your comments.

hamilton fans are terrible.

at the east semi, fans behind the lions bench were throwing full cans at the lions. wally had his players put on thier helmets to protect themselves. police were lined up at the bottom of the bleachers trying to see the people doing it....when they found the perpetraitors, the police wen up to grab them, and a brawl ensued in the stands between fans and cops....i was torn between watching the brawl, and watching the ticats tie the game sending it to overtime.

everytime i go to a game in hamilton, theres always something.

bashir levinston being spit on.
lions hit with beer cans.
ticat fans trying to fight fans of the opposing team.

Here you can add these... of course those could not be Rider fans either....

NO BIG DEAL: Bauer said Kelly got into an argument with a man in a bar during Grey Cup week, but he added the head coach was not at fault and handled the situation well.

Bauer heard from a team sponsor who witnessed the incident that an inebriated man was "verbally assaulting" Kelly's female companion in a Calgary bar. Kelly had words with the man but soon left the establishment, Bauer said.

Bauer added that his children were also verbally assaulted in Calgary while wearing their Bomber jerseys, and he was not impressed.

"Alcohol is not an excuse," he said.

Of course it could be, but nothing is in there to say it is.

Why is it so important that these idiots be Riders fans? :expressionless:

hamilton fans are terrible.

at the east semi, fans behind the lions bench were throwing full cans at the lions. wally had his players put on thier helmets to protect themselves. police were lined up at the bottom of the bleachers trying to see the people doing it....when they found the perpetraitors, the police wen up to grab them, and a brawl ensued in the stands between fans and cops....i was torn between watching the brawl, and watching the ticats tie the game sending it to overtime.

everytime i go to a game in hamilton, theres always something.

bashir levinston being spit on.
lions hit with beer cans.
ticat fans trying to fight fans of the opposing team.

Bombers trying to find a Good QB
Stampeders trying to stop whining aka Burris.

:wink:

LOL

Are you insinuating that a Hamilton fan did this? Say what you want about Hamilton fans -- I've seen them swear and cuss and say terrible things in front of pretty much every demographic -- not ONCE have I seen one of our fans try to hurt or assault a woman and her children.

IMO every fan base has a couple hundred of these idiots. Regina just happens to have more fans than most.

Does it really matter what team these idiots cheer for?

If they were Rider fans, then they're a-holes.
If they were BC fans, then they're a-holes.
If they were (fill in the blank of any team) fans, then they're a-holes.

If Osama Bin Laden released his latest video wearing a Roughrider jersey, would that cause any real Rider fans to feel shame? No, you can't choose who cheers for your team.

so thats where binny boy is hiding. whodathunkit

One would think that there would be a separate section that would be reserved for the families of the teams. It seems she must have been sitting all by herself in this area as we have not heard the same complaint from any other family members.

"I’ve got nothing against their fans. This isn’t about all of them,"

This quote pretty much identifies them as rider fans. If you cant get that from the article then oh well. We all know it was a rider fan and Im probably not assuming too much thinking there was some jackassery involved, not a bumped elbow. Would have to be one hell of a bump to douse a few people. It seems to me that the Riders fans seem to get up to more tom foolery than other fans. With this story, the beer cans, 13th man facebook page, lawn fertilizing etc it would seem that riders have more their share of clowns. Maybe clowns of other teams do a better job at keeping out of the media, who knows. Im going to guess that rider fans wouldnt get these things tossed at them so frequently if they were a little more humble and didnt continually harp about being the best fans and all that good stuff. Just my thoughts anyway

Well you're pretty open-minded aren't you. There are more Rider fans than any other team and thats a fact so it may seem like there is more tom-foolery going on with them. Other than that this post is pretty much garbage.

see, exactly what i was talking about lol. took a whole one post to get that out.

As a side note, BC place houses way more fans than you get at a game in riderville. So if you have 50,000 plus not throwing beer at wives and small children of other teams player and you dont see people throwing beer at opposition teams but you see these things in a crowd of 30,000 plus and you want to play the numbers game? Please. So it takes 30,000 rider fans to cause more tom foolery than 50,000 lions fans? Pretty much sums it up no?

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/alberta/2009/09/27/11142876-sun.html

BC fans aren't saints either, EVERY team has fans who make themselves look bad. Why is everyone so caught up in Rider fans, when I think that a stabbing is worse then some spilled beer.

umm, didnt say any other fans were saints. Im sure there is stuff going on all the time by all fans (and sometimes players or management). My point was that the riders fans seem to get in the news more than other fans for behaving badly. And the reason others like to point all the stories out is partly due to the whole "we are the best fans" that keeps spewing forth from riderville (just look at the post right after my 1st one lol). My point wasnt that only riders fans act up.

given that the beer "spilling" appears to have happened before the game winning kick, it is a lot more likely that it was a disgruntled Als fan.

I dont think she would know for sure.... I'm sure her 1st impression would be that it was on purpose if it was a Rider fan, but it is easy to decide that when your husband is kicking against them in the greatest game of the year, no?