Dustin Nielson commentary

Not to hate but does anyone find Dustin Nielson's commentary just abit over the top. To me, it sounds abit too cliche and like he is imitating the voice of a video game commmentator. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Who’s Dustin neilson

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

He is the new cfl play by play guy. Gets excited over a 5 yard hitch screen.

3 Likes

Now that you mention it, I wonder if I watched a preseason game that he called. Glenn Suitor deserves better.

1 Like

Dustin graduated from the Howie Meeker Gosh, Golly, Gee Whiz Academy of Broadcasting. I liked Howie, but one of him was enough.

4 Likes

Dusty’s fine. He’s a breath of fresh after Rod Black’s release from TSN. I’d like to see TSN hire Tim McCleif, AJ Broadhead, use Marshall Ferguson more for a complete change

2 Likes

Haven't noticed him or heard of him.

If he understands the game, he could talk like a pirate with a lisp and still be better than Rod Black was.

2 Likes

I agree with Marshall Ferguson. One great pick up would be Lee Versage from Ottawa or AJ Jakubec. Both are excellent.

2 Likes

Who’s rod black?

I still think Rod Smith is king of the commentators.

1 Like

He’s my favourite pbp guy, too. Then Marshall Ferguson. Then Dustin Nelson.

I don’t really have "favourites" when it comes to commentators. Describe the game as it happens, stay on topic, know what you're talking about, and be more animated than Ben Stein. That's all I ask.

2 Likes

How do so many posters not know who he is? He's on most of the time....

I kinda like the excitment he brings.

2 Likes

Commentators are kind of like DBs… if you notice them, its usually for a bad reason.

2 Likes

I second that. He is the MOST annoying play-by-play bum I’ve ever heard! I have muted him a number of times just to give my ears a rest. He seems to be of the opinion that as long as his mouth is moving rapidly at too high a volume level he’s doing a great job, whether he is providing actual information or not.
His use of his collection of repititious, zero-content filler phrases delivered at high volume is atrocious. He seems to use them at every opportunity so his mouth can keep running while his brain isn’t.

I’m sure the league doesn’t have much, if any control over who works for TSN, but for all the criticism I hear of the failings and weaknesses of the CFL, I think having someone like Neilson calling so many of their games overshadows everything else.
CFL football is very exciting and entertaíning as it is. It doesn’t need a hyperactive screamer like Neilson.

2 Likes

Am I the only one around here who likes Rod Black?

2 Likes

I like Rod Black, but I hardly get to hear him anymore. “Dustin” has worked so many Blue Bomber games the last two seasons that when I do hear someone else I can’t keep track of who it is. They all are so much better than the new guy I just identify them as “one of the good ones” and enjoy the experience.

2 Likes

Dustin is a fine announcer. If you want an annoying announce crew, listen to the Blue Jays announcers!

2 Likes

Like that former Raptors broadcaster.

Onions!! Baby onions!!!

1 Like