Durant is some what miffed!

Possibly but the reation from many rider fans shows they are very worried how this will affect their team. And truly Durant is feeling the same way Hank did and we know what happened there. The difference of course is the Durant feels for his friend that just got the rug pulled from under his legs. Do I feel this is a good move. No because the riders had cohesiveness with the team. What better chance to groom and up and coming QB Durant and Jyles in the background. After all Tillman only had to wait one more game and in fact I heard today Durant is ready to come back but they will wait one more game. Seems to me the only way you groom a QB is playing time. I guess you have to wait and see how this turns out but I think your future number 1 qb is thinking of looking elsewhere. The trust in management went out with Crandell. Thats the way I see it.

I agree totally.

Prior to the 2nd Calgary game on TV Millar seemed to think MC was the guy to lead this team to greatness. Now he is unemployed. Seems kind of harsh after losing just two games and you have to remember and I am reminded by many rider fans that the injuries to the receivers would impact MC greatly. So then why this move? Does Tillman and coaches actually think Bishop is better? the MC. Then why would you say one thing one week and the opposite two weeks later? Seems a bit weird right.

Cohesiveness is great, when it's positive...if the whole team is on the same page re: incomplete passes and dropping balls, being unified isn't such a great thing now, is it? Seems to me something like that, which is exactly what is happening with the Riders lately, warrants change.

Oh, and Durant is not ready to come back. Durant thinks he's ready to come back, but the coaches have said he should have another week to heal. You really gotta check your comments...

No one’s gonna say anything bad about the guy until it’s over. That’s the way it is. MC’s the guy, until he’s not the guy. No way Miller or anyone are gonna go on TV and say “Well, we’ve got Marcus, but we’re not really happy with him and we’re looking for a replacement, but until we find a guy, he’ll have to do.”.

The problem is the receivers not the qb at this point that is what Durant is stating. The riders could have waited one more game then tried Durant. Only time will tell if this backfires or not.

You may be some what confused.
While the team was winning the HC Miller stated that MC is the guy to take this team through the season he is the number 1 qb. Granted they have had two losses and the blame seems to be on MC and not the lack of quality receivers. Durant even stated they went 6 and 0 and now the injuries are catching up to this team in the receiver area. What makes you think Bishop will do better?

You...the guy who has been dissing Crandell for years...are NOW buying into Durant saying it's all on the receivers and not on Crandell at all? I can only shake my head at your twisted comments at times...

I don't know what kind of upgrade Bishop is, his numbers haven't been that great iirc.

Nice to see someone else having some problems at pivot though. :slight_smile:

NO it is not just Crandell. He has thrown some lame ducks but you can not say it is all his fault now can you? I think the best qb you have right now is not Crandell nor is it Bishop or Jyles. It is Durant.

The best quarterback the Riders have right now is NOT Durant, since he is not yet available. Crandell is too inconsistent, and Jyles is too inexperienced.

Just helps to confirm my discomfort with Arius’ position. If you, the Rider-hater agree, it can’t be the best position for the team (Riders). :slight_smile: (Although your posts today are more reasoned and less inflamatory than before on this matter, I grant you that.)

Actually, I, too, have no problem with what he wrote, up to the word “After”, but I have already discussed that part with him.

All I'm trying to say is that publicly, it would be very rare for a coach to NOT say that his then-starting QB is the guy, herafter and forevermore until the end of the season.

That's the equivalent of an owner/GM giving a vote of confidence to an embattled head coach.

So while I may be surprised about this turn of events, I am not more surprised by it in light of Miller's prior comments regarding MC. He HAD to say what he said.

Now, does this change the fact that we seem to have awful receivers? I've been as hard on them (harder in fact) than I've been on Crandell - so I don't know. We'll see how much of the offence's woes since DD's injury have been receiving, and how much quarterbacking.

What so you dump MC instead of waiting one game? LOL Durant is ready in one week.

I see if I agree with anything you go the opposite way! Funny! Arius you made perfect sense.

Your right and sense I am agree with you leaglebeagle will dislike it.
The real area of improvement right now is not at QB but at receiver. Thats face MC is not a great QB that is for sure but when the team had their receivers intact you could have had Koko the chimp at QB. So really MC is a fall guy and if Tillman could have waited one more game I believe the right man to put in there to develop (is now) would have been D Durant with MC in back up duty. MC is a team player at least that is wwhat Tillman and Miller have said in the past 8 weeks. Now all of a sudden he has no team. Funny right!

Personally, I'd have dumped Crandell a while ago...you're asking the wrong person. This is nothing more than your lame attempt to find yet another something to hack on the Riders for...I take the comments for exactly what they are.

That is your opinion and your entitled to it. Just like I am entitled to comment on this issue. Sad but true.

No one is saying it is all on crandall. But dealing with Crandall is dealing indirectly with the receivers, because they must have no doubt anymore, if they every had any, that they could be next if they don’t increase productivity.

Sask should have talked to us first. We would have given you Jarious Jackson for a case of Pil and 2 used shoulder pads.