Durant, "Hey Terminator! where are you?"

well.. I think our biggest crier about Durant seems to be taking a vacation!

Darian has been playing great and making the right moves ... yet I don't see Terminator the Durant hater anywhere!?!?!

Well beating the Bombers is akin to beating a CIS team right now. Bombers are horrible and next to TO are the worst team in the league. So before you go wetting your pants over Durant, lets wait and see what he does against a good team like all the West and Montreal. A good QB would have only played one half against the Bombers this Sunday as they would have been benched after piling up 35 points in the first half. You see its all relative. I understand your excitement that you think you have proven me wrong but you have to keep things in perspective, look who he was playing.

it just never ends does it

Yes. Look at who he was playing. One of the top defences in the league.

Very valid point. As much as that team has been pretty much a gong show this season, their problems all appear to revolve around the front office~coaching~offence. . . that defense is pretty darn impressive.

Well, there are a few things to be gleaned from that game:

1. Winnipeg is no longer junk. Their defence probably never was, but from weeks 1 to about 6, their offence was so disgracefully bad that the Baltimore Raven D would not have helped them. Now, however, they're not junk. They are by no means great offensively, but they will win a few games down the stretch with what they have now.

2. Darian Durant is a better QB than Michael Bishop. If there was ever a doubt about this, there can be no longer. Durant is (a) showing improvement from week to week and (b) winning more than he's losing in the process. Michael Bishop is the exact same QB he's been for the last 10 (at least) years, and will remain so forever, it would appear.

3. Congratulations to Paul LaPolice, who must have been wondering why his playbook jumped from page 37 to page 40, on finding the sheet of paper containing pages 38-39 crumpled up in some desk drawer. Obviously those pages contained all of the Rider passing plays to running backs - screens or otherwise. It was nice that they tried a few of them out....they still seem to work.

4. It is no longer fair to characterize Etch's defence as a "gimmick D". That unit is solid, even without 2 key linebackers. Reid looked entirely ordinary after the game of his life against BC. And Chick? Wow. January was way overmatched. The fact that he demands a constant double presents some very intriguing blitz/rush opportunites next week.

5. I can't help it - that kid Rob Bagg grows on me more and more every week. Gerran Walker too. He kinda has crazy legs, but he looks like he may turn into something. Even more I like that certain formations put Bagg at the boundary WR spot, and Walker on the field side.

6. Armstead was a boost. His punt return numbers look ordinary, but two good ones were called back on penalties. For the first time this year we had a returner make a guy miss on a kick return. Props to ET for pulling the trigger.

He played against Montreal in his last game two weeks ago and I thought did very well. I think we’re finally starting to see some of the potential coming to fruition.

Well I thought that the play of Riders was totally awesome, especially Cates and Durant! And Mr Lange hit the nail on the head:

"3. Congratulations to Paul LaPolice, who must have been wondering why his playbook jumped from page 37 to page 40, on finding the sheet of paper containing pages 38-39 crumpled up in some desk drawer. Obviously those pages contained all of the Rider passing plays to running backs - screens or otherwise. It was nice that they tried a few of them out....they still seem to work. "

This made me chuckle but was absolutely correct, I loved the little dump passes to Cates!!! This was very effective. I loved the way calls allowed Durant to roll out of the pocket as I love to see this guy run the ball more.

Also I saw glimpses of this team learning to play in the 3rd quarter (hey we scored a TD!!) but still need to get out of that funk sooner.

PLAY OF THE GAME--------THE HUGE STOP AT THE END OF THE FIRST HALF------------WOW!!!!!!!

On my closing notes, CHICK GETS PLAYER OF THE WEEK!!! He was constantly in Bishops kitchen all game!!!

This team is growing every week I LOVE IT!!!!

Can't wait for the rematch.......Gotta love the "Banjo Bowl" with a name like that, only in the CFL!!!!

"This is OUR League"

RoughieFan

Weren't you all over Durant as well Cfl?

I certainly liked what I saw, he did slightly overthrow Dressler a few times which would have put the game away earlier, haven't seen a DB that can cover him yet in this league, he's such a shifty bugger with breakaway speed. Rob Bagg is turning into one of the better Canadian receivers in this league, give me this guy over both Ralph brothers, he's got sure hands and what separates him from some of the other guys is that we've seen he'll take a hit.

We've shown improvement the last few games in the 3rd quarter, we're still getting outscored and without an interception we would have had nothing, but we're getting better.

yeah but I was willing to shut up and give him a chance… and he’s proving that he can do it…

so I’m going to keep being positive towards him!

As we all know your history with predictions, you'd be doing everyone a favour by continuing to be rather negative......

It was at this point I realized you were an idiot.

i’'ve been correct for 2 weeks now!

I chose the Riders to win when they won and to lose when they lost.

Hey jman_135, don't you know you can't get a labotomy over two visits to the hospital?

What?

Now that’s creepy!

Now if only he could find Page 33.

That was always a good one on short yardage.

Riders with creative offensive play calling, who would of thought.

DD is showing consistent poise, patience and making good reads with an expanded play book.

DD Just needs touch on the deeper ball, problem solved with DD being settled in a football groove and that happens with game experience.

I've been harsh on DD in the past 4 years, but I think our offense is has really come around and is behind only Calgary and Montreal for play making, variety and % completions.

pretty much my reaction… :? :?

I think terminator has only gone for his first visit!!