Drisan James

I don’t get this statement. If you think he will rebound and play better, why do you still think he should be cut?

He did not lose the Calgary game. There were plenty of plays that cost the Cats that game. To pinpoint one play as the reason the team lost is ludicrous. It didn’t help any, but there was more to that game than simply a couple of missed FGs.

And if the Cats could score a TD when they have 1st-and-Goal from the 1-yard line, the game could have been different. This is also something they failed to do against Calgary. It is almost inexcusable for a team to not be able to get one yard in a league where you are given one yard. That to me is more worrisome than the kicker. You can say it’s the kicker’s job to make kicks, but it’s also the offense’s job to score TDs, especially when you have 1st-and-Goal from the 1-yard line.

As far as Drisan James goes, he was too inconsistent. He had the speed, he made some nice plays every now and then, but he wasn’t someone that could be relied on. Since he was lower down on the depth chart, he was expendable.

Even though I agree the James dropped more balls than he caught, I'm not one for cutting players. He has potential and maybe some time on the bench might have been enough. What I could not figure out on Thursday was why we kept throwing to him when we had so many other competent receivers we could throw to. I think that was Glenn's biggest problem - throwing to James who kept dropping them.

On another note: I think a lot of us are over reacting to the Montreal game. Most of us hoped the Cats would beat the Als but realistically we knew that was a long shot. We held our own with them for more than half the game and if Sandro had of connected and if we had scored from the one yard line, the ending could have been different. The final score looked a lot worse than the game actually was. So, there's still hope we can perform the way were expected to before too long.
And quite frankly, I think Sask. is beatable.
It's Monday (or almost) time to get optimistic again. :smiley:

Really? did you read the parts you didn’t quote…
I think he should be cut because I have no clue when he will get his game back but its not fair to his team mates to keep him around to find out. He did lose us the Calgary game if you think otherwise your crazy, yes there were other things that could have got us the win as well but the kicking was the reason we lost.

You have your wish he was released this morning!

He was released yesterday brother!
All the best to Drisan in the future

I can see the club’s point. You have to catch the ball and know your pass routes. They should bring Chris Davis back. Some reason, I liked him. The offense seemed to move. At least he was better than James.

It's unfortunate, but there is only so long you can wait. I know there are a few guys on the PR who might step up.

Chris Davis is on the Bombers 46 man roster. You want him back you’ll have to give up something for him.

Thanks, but we’ll pass.

We can’t pass. That’s why we could use Davis! :wink:

You’re not getting Glenn back. Give it up! :lol:

Yes, I read what you wrote, that’s why I commented. If you think I misquoted you, here is the post I took my comments from:

At no point do you say that you don’t know when he will get his game back. Maybe you did in a previous post, but this one does not say that. So when you said the bolded, I was surprised because it seemed to be a contradictory statement.

And no, I’m not crazy, DeAngelis did not cost the team the game against the Stamps. If he makes one FG, that changes the entire game. Change one thing, change everything. I do not put the blame for the lose to Calgary squarely on DeAngelis. He was one reason out of a few reasons why the Cats lost that game. If you’re going to blame him for the loss, then why not blame the offense for not scoring a TD? They didn’t do their job as much as DeAngelis didn’t do his.

As was previously mentioned, James has been consistently inconsistent in the time he's been here. Like Chris Davis and Scott Mitchell, he seemed to have potential, but dropped a few too many passes, and became an ex-Ticat because of that.

I wish James well, and maybe he'll get picked up by another team, as those two other players I mentioned were.

And I've also been thinking this might lead to Fish being put on the active roster. I have thought this release might lead to something anyway. Perhaps Fish could be used more on special teams as Thiggy gets used on offence more. We'll see.

:thup: Thigpen needs to be more involved in the offense, and putting Fish back there with him on KOs and having Fish do punts, would allow for Thigpen to concentrate more on offense. I don't want Thigpen taken off Special Teams, because he has been dangerous there, but I'd like to see what Fish can bring to the table.

And you know, maybe that was one of the main reasons for the release of James, so that we could get Fish in there. After seeing that it looked like a good idea to have both Cobb and Thigpen in the backfield, it would make sense to have Thiggy on offence more. And Thiggy may need more experience on offence here anyway as he was picked up just before the season opener and spent the preseason with next Saturday’s opponents. And after hearing nothing but good things about Fish during training camp, I would like to see him on returns. I know that doing well in TC might not prove anything, but we didn’t bring him back for nothing. I think the coaching staff really sees something in him.

They brought him back, IIRC, twice. Once after he was hurt and then once again after final cuts. To keep him on speed dial like that means they most definitely see something in the kid.

Some of you may already know im a big Drisan James supporter, so obviously i don't like this move.