Drew Tate

Can we get him here for camp? He has no future in Calgary and with our line he might be able to stay healthy.

Tate a le don de se blesser sérieusement lorsqu'il joue régulièrement.

Si on veut le mettre comme partant, ça prend 2 partants. Il n'était pas la solution pour les Stampeders, je ne crois pas qu'il la serait à long terme pour les Alouettes.

He's under contract for another season. The only QB that is hitting FA is Lefevour and he tore his knee up pretty good. Doubt he'd be ready for training camp. The Als solution at QB will have to be found in house. We have Tanner Marsh and Jerrod Johnson a 6,5" 245 pound QB and I'm sure there will be others.

Crompton will be given first dibs but we hav good young guys, they need to be developed. Tanner rotted away again this season. When you look at how dysfunctional the coaching has been for the last two seasons. How much development do you think actually went on with backup QB's !?

Très vrai. J’entretiens plus d’espoir pour la saison 2016 que pour la saison 2015, en supposant que cette dernière soit la dernière de Higgins à la barre.

Tell you what. If Anthony Calvillo can’t teach Crompton how to see the field. Nobody can.

Dans une certaine mesure, je serais enclin à partager cette opinion.

Cependant, nous n’avons aucune idée de savoir si Calvillo sera un bon entraîneur des quarts ou pas. Tous les grands joueurs ne sont pas de grands entraîneurs.

Je crois que Calvillo pourrait être un bon entraîneur. Trestman a dit qu’il le croyait également, mais ça demeure à démontrer. Je le crois parce que Calvillo a dû apprendre le métier à la dure. Il n’était pas un quart naturellement très prédisposé pour cette position. Il a dû travailler très fort, apprendre et comprendre la position, surmonter beaucoup de difficultés, intérioriser et intellectualiser sa position et ses exigences. Il a donc dû développer une connaissance un peu “encyclopédique” de son métier. L’autre point, c’est que Calvillo est un bon communicateur. Il est capable de dire les choses et de bien se faire comprendre. Il est capable de les dire de différentes façons. On a beaucoup parlé de l’intelligence de Dinwiddie, mais pour ma part, je considère que Calvillo l’est encore plus.

Là où j’ai des doutes sur Calvillo, c’est que le métier d’entraîneur suppose que tu pousses tes joueurs vers le niveau suivant. Il faut parfois brasser le cadran des joueurs pour qu’ils réussissent à passer à l’autre étape et poursuivre leur progression. Je ne sais pas si Calvillo pourra être capable de brasser la cabane de la bonne façon lorsque ce sera nécessaire. On l’a déjà vu se choquer après l’équipe et après lui-même. Mais c’était comme joueur. Pourra-t-il afficher la même intensité lorsque ce sera nécessaire comme entraîneur?

Également, Calvillo n’a pas été un joueur très expressif. Mais il faut parfois afficher plus d’émotions lorsqu’on est entraîneur. Certains joueurs ont besoin de ce type de rétroaction, d’autres moins. C’est à l’entraîneur de s’adapter, tout comme le joueur a à le faire aussi.

Nous verrons ce que Calvillo pourra apporter à l’équipe, et j’espère que ce sera bénéfique.

Après avoir vu Mitchell et Collaros réussir leurs passes avec assiduité, je crois que Crompton devrait réaliser tout le travail qu’il a à faire pour pouvoir rivaliser avec ces gars-là. Ils sont très en avant de lui dans leur progression.

My thoughts go to the biography presented by Hfx several weeks ago which showed, perhaps a flaw in Crompton’s personality in that I thought it leaned towards Crompton having a huge ego and, as I felt then, he would require a strong mentor to permit himself to acknowledge the reality that he will need to make effort to define what skills he needs to further develop his skill at QB. What he needs is another Jeff Garcia, with authority this time, to push him into refining and developing his learning needs. Bo Levi Mitchell and Tate had Dickinson as mentor. Crompton needs this type of opportunity to push him into further development. I like Crompton’s ability to win, his physical stature and ability to throw long are there but, who will take on the task of being his mentor? What’s the coaching situation going to be here in 2015? Would AC be effective in such a role ? I have some doubts about that. My picture of AC is that of seeing him, after a round of play, coming back to the bench and, then sitting alone at the end of the bench- did anyone ever see AC go over to a young QB like Tanner Marsh and, present the young QB with some of his experience? I can’t remember any of that! Will AC be an effective mentor? It is really the coaching situation that I have my doubts about now especially that Garcia will not be returning.Something needs to be added to this mix. And much SOONER than what happened this year.

Crompton is not necessarily the future of this franchise; Popp needs to get other candidates into TC. I also hope that he can get a proven QB under contract before the start of next season.

There is no doubt that Crompton gave us the best chance of winning this season, but in many ways it was a disastrous one, given all the nonsense of late signings, last-minute changes, an unproven OC, an inept QB...

We still have to sort out some position coaches, including whether or not AC will be part of the mix. He said he was definitely leaning that way, but the conditions, i.e. salary and other considerations, must be right. Further, we have a lot of our stars who will likely opt for FA come Feb 1. We'll have to get most of them under contract again if we are to have any chance next season.

So, Popp has a lot on his plate this off-season.

Popp a indiqué que c’est ce qu’il continuerait de faire.

Unless it is someone who is a multi-year solution at QB then I would rather not.