Drew Tate - Has it all!

Once again we are witnessing the second coming of Flutie. Wasn't it just last year the Darian Durant was being hailed as the savior apparent. Wait until defences get a book on him. I suspect that we have not seen the end of Mr. Burris yet.

Tate is off to a pretty good start but I'm not quite ready to name him player of the millenium after two games. Check back with me in 2013.

I always worry about making comparisons like this... because I'm a Leafs fan and the Toronto media is REALLY bad about comparing any promising guy to legends (which with that kind of pressure usually doesn't work out).

Tate's looked good and has definitely sparked his team to better play. That's about all I can say about him right now.

Oh, and welcome to the site. :slight_smile:

I don't know if Drew Tate "has it all" but I think he has some teams and some opposition fans worried. If the Lions have to meet up with Calgary I would much rather see Burris behind the Centre than Tate. Burris is predictable. Tate scares me. He's very athletic from the few games I've seen him play.

The Winnipeg/Calgary game will say a lot. It will be played in Calgary so Tate gets to play in front of a home town crowd. The Bombers on the other hand have a very strong defence and lead the league in QB sacks. I'm sure they'll be looking forward to introducing Tate to the turf. Both teams are playing for 1st place, a bye and birth in their respective Finals.

We have to see how he grows as he gains experience and confidence in his abilities. He trew two pretty ugly interceptions on the weekend and teams will get film on him as well.

Once again someone completely twists the OP comments. Pls show me where he says he's the 2nd coming. I do believe he remarked on his similar style and the way he reads the game. Jealous by chance??

No not jealous at all, just been there, done that, bought the tee shirt etc., etc., etc.,

In no way am I putting down the comments or the poster, I am merely saying that every year some quarterback comes in, has a few good reps, then fades off into the sunset once the defences get used to him. Last year it was Durant, a couple of years ago it was Dinwoodie. I again will not be at all surprised if the Stamps are still playing on Nov. 27, it is Henry Burris behind center. I welcome the premise, I just don't think Tate can be cannonised just yet.

TATE DOES NOT HAVE IT ALL, YET! BURRIS HAS SOMETHING TATE DOES NOT. TATE NEEDS TO GETS PICTURES OF HIMSELF WEARING A BRA POSTED ON THE INTERNETS...

NOW WOULD THAT BE "ALL" OF THE INTERNETS OR JUST THE LOCAL ONES?

Perhaps this is why Burris has not been playing very well as of late...His bra is too constricting. :stuck_out_tongue: