Down to final 4.....who meets in Cup?Poll#2

Well after the dust settled in the 1rst round of the play-offs,only 4 teams remain standing for a shot at the big prize,the Grey Cup.With the elimination of both 3rd place teams,it's come down to in the East.....Ham/Tor.....the West...Sask/Calg
The initial poll saw 46 of a possible 54 votes cast have two of these teams meeting in the Cup.My prediction was wrong as I predicted the Lions to prevail over the Riders,oh well!!!!For me it's time to re-vote and re-predict the Cup Final 2 teams,so with that being said I'll have to go with the majority and predict an Cats/Stamps final.So anyway here is your chance to predict who will now meet out of the final 4 teams standing.The numbers in brackets were the votes for the first poll.So once again CFL Nation, vote...re-vote....and let's hear your comments on who and why you think the final 2 will be standing on the 24th in Grey Cup 101 in Saskatchewan. :smiley: :slight_smile:

I predicted all season Hamilton vs Saskatchewan. Toronto has a looking home record this season. Durant always plays well in the playoffs and the Rider d has more experience over last season so I don't expect a last minute collapse like last year.

before the season, i predicted argos over the riders.
i'm sticking with that.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p320x320/1395976_10153486630025096_1895664332_n.jpg

I've said all season the Argos will not win a playoff game. I was 2-0 last weekend and picked Calgary/Hamilton for the big game and I'm sticking with that.

The Riders are too inconsistent this season and can't afford to sleep through the first half against Calgary. Still should be a close game though.

The big question in the east is not whether Ricky Ray can outscore Hamilton, but can he put up enough points to compensate for his defense. Argo again have a losing record at home and this year one of the leagues worst defenses. I think Austin will platoon his QBs again with LeFevour and Gamble ripping up the Argo D. Millanovich lost this game when he rested his league worst defense in the season finale.

It will be either a re-match of the 2012 / 100th GREY CUP Classic and / or the SASK. Vs. HAMILTON re-match of the 1989 , CLASSIC. :rockin:

I said A*gos-Stamps last week and since neither team lost, I'm sticking with that.

However, I think any of the four matchups are possible. Wins like the Cats and Riders got yesterday can carry over, so I wouldn't be surprised if both road teams won and we get a rematch of the greatest Grey Cup game ever. We'll know in six days.

I’m going with Sask vs. Hamilton in the GC

I have been hoping for a Cats vs Riders Cup and now that both have passed the semis I think there is every chance my dream will come true.

I picked Stamps vs Ticats in first poll, But chose Riders vs Ticats this time , just because I would like to see Riders lose to the Ticats at home in the GC :twisted:

As long as Hamilton loses, I'll be a happy camper. (I might still be bitter from the OT loss. :wink: )

I think it's tough to tell who will go the Grey Cup. I think all four possibilities can very realistically happen. Neither Toronto/Hamilton or Calgary/Saskatchewan feel like gimmes. I think I'll go with Hamilton/Calgary, with Calgary winning it.

in sept, tor looked like a machine. In oct, not so much. I think Hamilton will really have to stink up the place to lose this game.

missing mcdaniels might be tough for cal, but I still think they should win.

vote still the same Stamps vs Ti Cats

I think we're going to see an upset in both the Eastern and Western Finals.

In the East Burris is going to have to do a whole let better than he did in the Semi-Final. Yes, the wind was a factor but not on every single play. I just didn't think Burris was on his game.

In the West, Durant can pull it off, especially if he has Getzlaf back in the line-up. Sheets is one dangerous dude and if Sheets can't get his running game on track fans can look forward to Durant running with the ball. Durant was a one man wrecking crew against the Lions. In the Roughriders' favour is a Stamps D-Line that is hurting. Two of its key players are out. These positions will be exploited by SSK I'm sure.

The SSK D-Line has its own problems. Lions Harris and Logan almost owned the SSK D-Line and the way Calgary's Jon Cornish has been burning up the field he is worth both Logan and Harris combined. Stop Cornish and SSK has a good chance of hosting the 2013 Grey Cup. Can they stop Cornish? Hard to say given how the Lions' Logan and Harris were running against them.

Can the Stamps shut down Mr. Houdini, AKA Durant? Well they are certainly up there in QB sacks on the season that's for sure!

What would I like to see on November 24? A SSK/Hamilton showdown. What Grey Cup day might actually look like? Hmmmm…….

Not sure if I agree that Durant always plays well in the playoffs. He was outstanding on Sunday but I think he caught B.
C. a little by surprise with his running. Won't happen in Calgary. Prior to Sunday Durant has been farily average in the playoffs, 3 win, 3 losses and 6 interceptions. Not bad but not great either.

That being said, he needs to use his feet more. Durant will see a lot more Calgary pressure than B.C.

This game comes down to whether or not Calgary's pass rush can get to Durant. If they can it will be Calgary ruining Saskatchewans Grey Cup dreams, if not, the Riders have a good chance.

Rematch of last year.

I guess the one thing that evens things up a bit is that Calgary is banged up on the D line and the Riders have their Oline healthy for the first time since before Labour Day. Charlston Hughes is still a beast though.

Wow!!!!! So far it's looking like the runaway consensus is that Grey Cup 101 is going to be a Hamilton/Calgary match-up.
Running a distant 2nd so far is a tie between Ham/Sask and Tor/Sask. Surprisingly in last place is the match-up of the two 1rst place teams Tor/Calg.

If you factor in the results of the first poll votes Ham/Calg is still way out in front of the pack

Total Voting So Far

Match-up.......votes 1rst poll.......votes 2nd poll.......total votes combined

Ham/Calg.................18.......................18...............36
Tor/Sask..................13.......................9................22
Tor/Calg..................11.......................6................17
Ham/Sask.................4.........................9...............13

Votes per team

West

Calgary...................29.......................24..............53
Saskatchewan.........17.......................18..............35

East

Hamilton.................22......................27...............49
Toronto..................24......................15...............39

Thanks to all who have voted thus far :thup: Still have 5 more days left to get in your vote to predict who we will have in Grey Cup 101 from Saskatchewan,Sun Nov 24/13 IMO any of these combos would be a great match-up for an exciting Grey Cup Finale to the great season we all have witnessed thus far....CFL Grey Cup= World Champions of 3 down football !!!!!!! :slight_smile: :thup: :thup: :thup: :cowboy:

I'm going with the team that manages a minimum of 1 more point than the team they are playing against ! :smiley:

He has gotten his team to two Grey Cups since taking over as the starter 4 years ago. Should have 1 Grey Cup ring if his special teams coach could count. Put up over 400 yards and 4 tds in last years semi final. Had there been more experience in the secondary last year it's highly probable Durant takes his team to a third Grey Cup appearance in 4 years. This guy comes to play in the playoffs. The performance against BC was typical of Durant in the playoffs