Doors open for Coach Hall

I can't say I'd be too broken up if Strasser was given his pink slip. Not too familiar with Bleamer, but considering how poorly the O-Line has been playing, I doubt I'd lose any sleep if he was marched out behind Strasser.

:lol:

What’s up, Chief? Long time, no see.

Hall needs his pink slip, along with the rest of the bums that are running this clown show. 56-15? 1-6? Enough already. Show Little Richie the door and get a head start on 2011 ASAP. This team is a joke right now. The little guy that raises the flag at Commonwealth could do a better job than Hall can.

To start cleaning out the coaches now won’t help. We all saw how effective Strasser was last season as a replacement for Worman. For better or for worse, the playbooks are what they are, and the players have to salvage what they can this season. Hall & co. will be in a good position at the end of the year to decide who’s worth keeping. In the offseason, the new GM can then install his own coaching regime if necessary.

My feeling? Hall’s a good man but overworked and in need of quality assistants. Mark Nelson as DC, Rick Worman as OC (familiarity with Ray), and there you go. But don’t expect change to happen overnight. Rebuilding the lines, as I said in another thread, is going to take time.

D&P, this season is over...

That’s the way I feel too Chief. Launch the smackdown now with what ever changes and lets get it on (rebuilding) for next season. Doing it now, what’s the wortst thing that can happen? We lose. With what’s in place at the moment, we still lose. I still stick by this team no matter what.

You might well be right, Chief, but mathematically, it’s far from over. Edmonton has just two fewer wins than the third-place team in the East (Hamilton) and BC has the same record as Edmonton. Making the playoffs is still very much a possibility.

That being said, the next two games will make the Esks’ playoff fate a lot clearer. If they can come away with a split or two wins, they’re still alive. If they drop the next two, then yes, let’s blow everything up and begin planning for next season.

Ya I'm not one to just throw in the towel now we still have a chance even if somewhat slim. lets just make some coaching changes now pick up some NFL cuts and roll the dice . We can rebuild in the off season even if we have to change some newly hired coaches . but to give up now wouldn't be the Eskimos way.

How does that help? There’s no GM right now. You won’t find a quality coach at this point to replace Hall. Even if you did, what if the new GM doesn’t want that guy?

Get a GM, and let that GM hire a coach. That’s how a proper football operation is run.

I’m also not convinced this is all on Hall. Both the O-Line and the D-Line were completely dominated by Calgary, to the point of embarassment. You can’t coach guys into simply not getting their butts kicked 1v1 as badly as we just saw. The players need to show some pride and man up.

There is no way Strasser's Offense could be judged - and therefore the guy himself as an OC - with the way the OLine was playing. IMO firing Bleamer and keeping Strasser is the right thing to do.

It's the resignation of Kep that worries me. If he took the bullet out of honour then we've likely seen the last of the 'The Eskimo Way' fade into the past for good.

Agreed there…
I was shocked that Kepley resigned at the time he did. Although i didnt know that he was getting mistreated at the time so its an understandable choice by Kep…