Don Wittman

Just reading he has terminal cancer. Wishing him all the best in this battle, a shame. I found him to be an excellent commentator in anything he did, not just CFL.

that he was. they had a big big lunchin at the sun center at the canad inns stadium for him the other day, and many big names were there or sent their wishes to him.

Classy guy who's been there for lots of big games and lots of big events. They showed a couple of clips on CBC from that luncheon in Manitoba where he officially retired and was inducted into the CBC Sports Hall of Fame...he didn't look good at all. Pretty sad...

RIP

...Sad day in the Peg....Don has passed away....heartfelt condolences to his wife and family....

My condolences to his family and friends as well. Don was truly one the great broadcasters in this country, he could do just about anything. I remember when the Western Canada Lottery Corporation had a half-hour show he was the host, he did a great job. We have truly lost one of our best. RIP Don, and thanks for calling some of the great sports memories(Donovan Bailey) and not so great sports memories(Ben Johnson).

Sad day all accross Canada for sports fans. He has called games for the top sports in this country. Football, Hockey, Curling, Olympics. My condolences to his familly and friends. RIP

My condolences to the Wittman family. Don was truly one of, if not the best commentators in the world. Don, you will be missed, RIP my friend.