Don Wittman Tribute-TSN response

I emailed TSN to complain after the major technical glitsch in Winnipeg recently that ruined the emotional address to the crowd by Don's Wittman's wife.

Here's the response from TSN Audience Relations for the record:

" During Friday night’s Toronto Argonauts @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers game on TSN there were some technical issues with the microphone Brian Williams was using during the tribute to legendary broadcaster Don Wittman. These audio issues originated from the stadium and not the TSN studio or the on-site production facility. This was an isolated incident and there were no audio problems throughout the remainder of the broadcast.

It was the Blue Bomber's and TSN's intent was to honour the late Mr. Wittman for his contributions to the CFL and Canadian sport in general over his many years as a broadcaster with the CBC. The audio difficulties were unfortunate and we regret any negative impact they may have had on what was meant to be a joyous ceremony.
Regards,
Simon
TSN Audience Relations".

I didn't write to TSN, but I too was dismayed by how the broadcast played out.

And I really hope the laughter that could be heard was not directed at the Wittman tribute. :frowning: