DON MATTHEWS PASSES AWAY

Legendary and CFL Hall Of Fame Head Coach Don Matthews passed away today at the age of 77.

A true legend as a CFL coach who coached in Baltimore (CFL) Edmonton, Montreal and Toronto, and had 10 Grey Cups on his resume.

He had been battling cancer for the past 6 yrs.

Condolences to his family, and RIP Don, you were a true legend indeed in the CFL !!

The Don had panache like our Little General ! Condolences to his family and our CFL family lost a Winner and a Legend sad day :frowning:

Blue&Gold? @BleedsBlueNGold 33m33 minutes ago
#CFL Don Matthews born in Amesbury Massachusetts was the son of Canadian-born parents mom from New Brunswick dad from Prince Edward Isl

A CFL Legend, RIP

He was always someone the opposition fans loved to hate, and wished he was their coach many times. He was a leader of men for sure.

RIP, Don. You were a legend long before your passing.

I was thinking the same thing.

He always exuded this supreme confidence that left me unsettled when my team faced his.

Rest in peace, Don.

Thank you for your great contribution to this league and the game.

Famous Don Matthews line:
"I never believed in magic until I met Doug Flutie"

Another famous Don Matthews line before a game against the Eskimos : "This game is going to be an ass kicking contest and Edmonton is going to supply the asses" . :rockin: :lol:

R.I.P Don , you were simply the BEST in the biz and one of a kind . One thing I do regret is that in all yer coaching travels and all yer stops is that you never landed here in Hamilton because you were the one Head coach I always wished and wanted to see on the sidelines dressed in Black "n" Gold as our Head coach . :cowboy:

Another of his quotes..."This is a Dictatorship, and I'm the Dick".

Yes everybody knew he was the boss.

He sure knew how to win. :thup: May he RIP